“Will go back again for sure”
Review of The Tavern

The Tavern
Ranked #37 of 117 Restaurants in Queensbury
Cuisines: American
Reviewed July 19, 2017 via mobile

Went in after the kitchen was closed, but Heather and Matt agreed to fire up the kitchen again for us.
Apparently Matt is one of the partners, not one of their regular chefs, would never have guessed it. Food ended up being excellent.

There were 6 of us that ordered appetizers and meals. Everything I got to try was really good.

Could not have asked for better service.

Will definitely return next time I am in town.

1  Thank MiloIsKing

Reviewed June 19, 2017 via mobile

We went to The Tavern on Father's Day. My softball team had given me a gift card. The service was excellent, the food very tasty, and the portions enormous. On top of that, the prices are quite reasonable. I had the Chicken Tavern Alfredo and brought home more than half. My wife had the Chicken Supreme. Her sister had the salmon.

1  Thank CoachP713
Reviewed September 12, 2016

Great place, food, service. It's in a strip mall but you would never know it after getting inside. I'd highly recommend this hidden gem.

Reviewed August 16, 2016 via mobile

We visit here a couple of times a year and have had good experiences most of the time. They do a good job with burgers, wings and flatbread pizzas, and have a decent selection of beers on tab, including local brews. Staff is friendly.

Reviewed July 26, 2016

On a recent visit with a friend, we stopped in at The Tavern because it seemed quick and easy. Being a weekday afternoon, it was not crowded which suited us just fine.
Our waitress, Kathryn, was friendly and efficient. She came over immediately upon seating us and asked if we wanted water as we looked over the menus. Everything on the menu seemed pretty standard for a restaurant/bar so we ordered a glass of wine for me and a beer for my friend.
It was Happy Hour (Daily 3-6) so my wine was $3.50. Don't think friend's beers were included, a Druthers, at $6.50 each. I know nothing about beer, but this seemed a bit steep. Maybe not?
While we sipped our drinks we placed our orders. Friend ordered a simple burger with fries ($8.95) and I opted for the Rachel which is thin sliced turkey on grilled marble rye with Swiss cheese, coleslaw and Thousand Island dressing ($9.95).
Food arrived in about 20 minutes, burger cooked well and served with the requested extra crispy fries, but I ended up with a Reuben.
Kathryn appeared and I stated the not-so-obvious, and she quickly returned it to the kitchen and replaced it with The Rachel and extra cisipy fries as well. No harm, no foul.
We sat chatting as friend slurped down two more beers (wow!) and we never felt rushed or pushed out.
The entire bill with two sandwiches, a glass of wine and 3 (count em 3!) beers with tax came to $44.83. The beers were actually half of the bill (3 @ $6.50=$19.50) so I was not treating that day. Sheesh!
Despite the few bad reviews, I thought our service was great, friendly and efficient and the food was very good. I say, try it for yourself. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.