“Lovely Hotel”

Sleep Inn & Suites of Lake George
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Queensbury
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Have been staying in this hotel for the past 12 years, everytime we shop the outlets in Lake George. The staff are friendly and always ready to assist. It was recently renovated and the breakfast has also improved. It's clean, a true gem, Walmart is across the street and open 24 hours and there is also a restaurant next door which serves good food, very convenient. I would definitely recommend staying here, the price is reasonable.

Room Tip: I prefer the 2nd and 3rd floor, but for no particular reason other than to be away from the main flo...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lou984039
Kristen C, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites of Lake George, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2013

Dear Lou984039,
Thank you so much! We truly appreciate you taking the time to write such a lovely review and point out what a great location and staff we have. It's great to read that you have been staying with us for 12 years! Thank you for staying with us year after year. The shopping outlets are definitely a great reason to visit! On behalf of the entire team, we look forward to welcoming you back again soon for your next visit.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

My husband and I have stayed here before and were very satisfied with everything but on this overnight visit Sep 5 I was very disappointed. I had my own laptop and I tried all night from 8:30 to after midnight and I could not get on the internet. I have never had a problem in any other hotel except this one. I spoke to Tiffany at the front desk about this in the a.m. when we were checking out and she stated that many people have complained. She did say that if I came down on the first floor I would have been able to get it. Well, I wasn't about to come downstairs in my pajamas and sit in the lobby to work on my computer. She advised me to come on here and voice my complaint and hopefully something will get done about this problem. Visitor from Dunmore PA

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Kristen C, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites of Lake George, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2013

Dear Marian M,
First, I would like to offer my sincere apology for the trouble you experienced with our internet service during your latest stay. Your satisfaction is important to us. It sounds as though there was a problem with our service provider and I am very sorry that the situation was not cleared up while you were here. I appreciate you bringing the matter to my attention as I was able to use this as a training opportunity to ensure that this will not happen again. Thank you for choosing to stay with us. I hope you will consider this an isolated incident and that you will continue to stay with us for quality accommodations and services in the future.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

We found very comfortable accommodations at this motel, and were very satisfied with our stay. Staff was always friendly, even the room maids (who spoke American English!) were very friendly. It is just outside of the busiest sections of traffic, plus it had a stop light, so getting in and out was easy onto Rt9. There's a huge Walmart across the street for things you may have forgotten to bring during your trip.
For those that are bicyclist, you need to check out the Glens Falls Feeder Canal.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Kristen C, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites of Lake George, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2013

Dear Sportbikesteve,
We were all so pleased to read your review. Thank you for taking the time write about us on TripAdvisor. This area is great to see by bike! It's wonderful that you were able to check out the local bike trails. We are conveniently located within a quarter mile of the bike path that takes you on a beautiful ride, run, or walk to Lake George. I hope you have an opportunity to come back again soon - the breathtaking colors of fall are on their way!

Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

We've been Staying here for the last 10 years for the Americade Motorcycle Rally. Always great to deal with. Staff is friendly and helpful in all situations. Rooms are clean and comfortable. My friends and I love staying here.

• Stayed: June 2013
Kristen C, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites of Lake George, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

Dear Cog3164,
Thank you! It's awesome to hear that you and your friends have been able to enjoy coming to Americade for so many years. We are thrilled that you always choose to stay with us. We love to get to know our guests that return year after year. Thank you for reviewing us on TripAdvisor. We all look forward to welcoming you back with a smile again next year!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Had a great stay at Sleep Inn. Clean, nice rooms, Breakfast. Helpful staff. What more could you want. It is a budget motel. You get good value. There a lot of bad hotels in Lake George. There only open for the summer and close up the rest of the year. This is not one of them. It like five miles to Lake George Village. But close to Great Excape, and restaurants.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Kristen C, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites of Lake George, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2013

Dear Jakedog666,
Thank you! I am thrilled to read that you found such great value in our hotel. We have an amazing staff that enjoys their work, and reviews like yours show us we are appreciated for it.
We can't wait to see you and your family again next time you're in the area.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

My husband and I were very pleased with the Sleep Inn here!! Our room was so clean and the halls, lobby, breakfast area...etc. was really nice! All of the staff was very friendly and it was in a very nice location just outside of Lake George. I would highly recommend this place to everyone!! Teresa who checked us out in the morning was so nice and very helpful as well. Thank you staff at the Sleep Inn for an amazing stay!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Kristen C, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites of Lake George, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2013

Dear Tiffany H,
You're welcome! Thank you for sharing your thoughts with your fellow TripAdvisor fans. It was great to read your review and hear that we got your stay right on all accounts! The entire team was thrilled to read this and Teresa says thank you very much. We all hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed August 29, 2013

I found my accomodations at the Sleep Inn exceptional. The room was clean, modern (renovated last year) and comfortable. I also had excellent service during my stay. I found the Front Desk gals to be very friendly. Lucy, Bev and Rachel were very knowledgeable about attractions in the area and where the good restaurants were. The service coupled with the great accomodations really made the trip complete. I know where I'll stay when I have to go back to Lake George.

Room Tip: Third floor facing the parking lot is quiet/less direct sunlight.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Dear Bob K,
Thank you, thank you! On behalf of Lucy, Bev, Rachel, and all of our staff members that provide outstanding service, we greatly appreciate your kind words. With so many great restaurants and attractions around us, we love to make recommendations for our guests and get their feedback for our future guests. We all look forward to welcoming you back again next time you come to Lake George.
Kristen Collura

Also consider these accommodations in or near Queensbury
1 mi away
Ramada Queensbury/Lake George
Best Western of Lake George
Best Western of Lake George
#15 of 89 in Lake George

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites of Lake George? Share your experiences!