“Convenient location”

Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Queensbury
Rancho Palos Verdes, California
“Convenient location”
Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

The front desk stag that checked us in was very friendly. The hotel was clean. If appeared that the rooms were recently renovated, however they were smaller than I would have expected. Both beds were against the wall on one side. There was no closet, just an armoire. The shower and toilet were in a small room, the size of a closet with a dropped ceiling which made it feel even smaller. The sink was in the room, which made it hard to go to sleep until everyone had brushed their teeth. The breakfast room was overly crowded, but there wss not much of a selection. We ended up with coffee and a yogurt. I know it was considered in season, so prices were higher, but sould have expected a bigger room for 180 per night. Of note, uno pizza is right next door and outback steakhouse is just down the street.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank RPVTravelmore
Kristen C, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites of Lake George, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Dear RPVTravelmore,
Thank you for taking the time to review us. I am happy to hear that our location worked well for you! I appreciate you sharing your thoughts on your room. I might suggest upgrading to one of our jacuzzi suites if you are in the area again. Our suites are a larger room with a pull-out couch, sink and cupboards, and an oversized bathroom with a more traditional set-up featuring two sinks. I apologize that our breakfast did not fully satisfy you - we try to feature a large selection including pastries, fresh fruit, waffles, hot eggs and meat, and more. Thank you again for your review and we hope to see you again soon!
Kristen Collura

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Bellingham, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 16, 2013

We have been staying here for 10 years. The same woman works the breakfast area which says a lot for the company. She is wonderful! The rooms have been renovated and they are gorgeous. You would think you were staying at a higher priced chain. The rooms are clean and spacious. Only complaint is that they need a soap dish. The staff are friendly and helpful. Pool area is clean. Love this place as it is convenient to Saratoga and Lake George. Can't wait to return!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear ThreeontheRoad27,
We love having guests come back year after year! The staff really enjoys getting to know everyone and their likes and needs so we may welcome you back with smile. Thank you so much for your review and your kind words. We can't wait to see you all again next year for your 11th year!
Bloomingburg, New York
Reviewed August 6, 2013

I made multiple phone calls to make sure accommodations were convenient for myself and my two senior parents. All phone calls were courteous and helpful. We requested a first floor room in a quiet wing. The staff even offered me some ideas to consider! Once we arrived, all staff were courteous and pleasant. Each one greeted us with a 'hello' or a 'good morning.' The accessibility and comfort of rooms was very good. Breakfast offered a good variety of options. Great coffee! My only suggestion would be to have handicapped rails in all bathrooms. i did not think to ask this during my initial phone calls as most facilities have these now installed as standard. The lower toilet was a challenge for my parent with bad knees. I had to always be available to help her up/down. Interesting, the bathroom in the hallway was more accessible.

Room Tip: Be specific with what you want/need. This is easier if you call and make reservations in person ins...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank pkf00
Kristen C, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites of Lake George, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Dear Pkf00,
Thank you for your recent stay with us and for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor. It's wonderful to hear what a great first impression our staff made during your initial phone calls and throughout your stay. Everyone here takes pride in their job and the hotel and is always here to help! Thank you for your suggestion regarding the rails. We do offer handicap accessible rooms as well as one suite that features grab bars in the bathroom area. We will be sure to place into one of these rooms next time you are in the area. We all look forward seeing you again soon!
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed August 1, 2013

We only stayed for 1 night as we were traveling back home so we did not get a chance to try all the amenities.

However, our stay was great. The hotel was renovated last year and it showed. The rooms are nicely decorated and the beds are very comfortable. All the furniture seemed very recent. Our room only had a shower, but it was a great shower. Kids had a blast taking a shower as you can comfortably fit 2-3 people in the shower.

The price was more than fair and we even got a 10% off the internet price at check-in when I mentioned AAA membership (or CAA as we are Canadians).

Breakfast is included and it is a typical continental breakfast. There is only 1 waffle machine which was not enough has the place was full. The waffles is usually the highlight for my kids and we were only able to get 1 waffle (actually makes 4 small) for everyone to share.

The hotel is right in front of the Walmart and only 2 minutes away from Great Escape (Theme Park). Great location, easy to get there.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Kristen C, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites of Lake George, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Dear Natdesj,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us for your quick overnight! We appreciate your kind feedback and I'm delighted to hear that the kids had fun! Thank you for pointing out our convenient location. Information from past guests is always helpful and convenient for our future guests to know ahead of time. We hope you will make it back to the area soon to enjoy all the wonderful attractions Lake George offers and look forward to welcoming you back as our guests.
Glens Falls, New York
Reviewed July 31, 2013

As a Manager from another Choice Hotel..I was Amazed at how well this team worked together!! Keep up the fine work. Your a Bright shinning Star for the Choice Organization.
We really enjoyed our stay here at the Sleep Inn The entire staff was very friendly and helpful.
Bev the front desk girl who always had bright smile no matter how many times I came to the desk to ask for something and always had the answers.(future Manager)
We really loved our house keeper Jessica.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank shownuff00
Kristen C, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites of Lake George, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Dear Shownuff00,
Thank you so much for your rave review! Coming from another Choice Hotel manager, your words mean a lot. I really appreciate you saying what great teamwork we have. We have such an amazing staff that takes the time to go above and beyond to ensure our guests receive the best service. Everyone was excited to read your stellar review! Thank you for your mention of Jessica and Bev's outstanding service - they were thrilled to be recognized for their hard work! It was a pleasure to have you and your family stay with us and we all look forward to welcoming you back again soon!
New York City, New York
Reviewed July 31, 2013

We booked this motel after having stayed in Sleep Inn in Delaware during out children's college days. This Queensbury location was equally as good. Clean, friendly, efficient staff, ample parking, breakfast and WiFi. Not one complaint.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Barry M,
Thank you so much! I am overjoyed to hear that we met and exceeded your expectations. The entire staff works hard to provide the best possible stay for each and every guest, so thank you for your compliments! We hope to see you again soon.
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

Checked in too late to swim in the indoor pool. My wife and I looked over the activity pamphlet display and one of the desk clerks stopped with an arm full of towels to tell us of fun things to do in the area. We found her to be very likable and offered great help. The room was a typical Sleep Inn set up. The beds were very comfortable. The reason for 4 stars was the bathroom door. Not sure why most Sleep Inns have those sliding doors!!! This one did not slide easily and did not close or lock properly. I was not happy with that. The breakfast was good. My daughter liked the waffle maker that allowed for 4 seperate small waffles rather than one big one. The young lady at the desk in the morning (meant to remember her first name) was very helpful and had a bright friendly disposition that is perfect for a morning hotel desk clerk! I needed shaving cream and a razor and she promptly provided me with one. I suppose I would stay at this hotel again.My issue is with Sleep Inn not this particular location. I really enjoyed my stay there.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Kristen C, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites of Lake George, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Dear VaBeachMatt,
Thank you so much for your positive review which was such a pleasure to read and share with our team. The entire staff works diligently to provide top notch accommodations and service, so I am pleased to hear that you experienced our kind hospitality. Thank you for letting me know about your sliding door as I have passed the message along to our maintenance staff to address the issue. We also offer jacuzzi suites which feature a traditional style door to the bathroom which may be of interest next time you are in the area. We were thrilled to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon!
Kristen Collura
Also consider these accommodations in or near Queensbury
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lake George (Queensbury)
Red Roof Inn
#1 of 6 in Glens Falls
Comfort Suites Lake George
Comfort Suites Lake George
#9 of 88 in Lake George

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites of Lake George? Share your experiences!