“Nice place Tiny bathroom”

Sleep Inn & Suites of Lake George
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Queensbury
Binghamton, New York, United States
“Nice place Tiny bathroom”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I have had to stay in many hotels for work and this one was very good. The rooms were very nice and very clean. The only problem with the room was the bathroom was very tiny. We have to share rooms with our coworkers so a tiny bathroom with the sink in the room is a little uncomfortable. The shower is very tiny it wasn't a problem for me but a large man would not be comfortable in there. The staff was helpful and nice. Breakfast was standard waffle maker sausage bacon cereal. There is a Walmart across the street so that was convenient for grocery shopping. Some of my co-workers had a problem with the internet but I had no problem I actually thought it was very fast. All in All it was a great stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Kristen C, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites of Lake George, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Dear Laura P,
Thank you for sharing your experience and for giving us the opportunity to accommodate you! We are pleased to hear that our location worked well for you and you enjoyed your stay. We offer jacuzzi suites with oversized bathrooms and dual sink vanity in addition to our standard rooms that may work well for those guests requiring more space. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!
Kristen Collura

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Ellington, Connecticut
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Excellent location - easy to get to and plenty of restaurants and retail outlets nearby; nice, spacious, clean, safe room; free Internet & breakfast; exercise room; friendly staff. Great price and value - will stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Kristen C, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites of Lake George, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Dear Rita C,
I am delighted to hear that you had such a wonderful experience and that we were able to be a part of it. Receiving great reviews like yours is what motivates us to make sure our guests have an enjoyable and memorable stay. We warmly welcome you back anytime, and may the next trip be even better than the last! Thank you for choosing our hotel and taking the time to write about your stay with us.
Syracuse, New York, United States
Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

On April 26-27, 2013 we went to Lake George as a surprise birthday weekend for my grandson's 12th birthday. The first night we stayed at 6 Flags Great Escape Lodge and Waterpark. After a very expensive and disappointing night (see my review about the Lodge), we decided to come to The Sleep Inn & Suites. And are we ever happy that we did.

The Sleep Inn has been very recently remodeled. And looks great. Our room was nicely furnished and clean. Spacious enough for the 6 people in our party. The bathroom was huge, as my 12 yr old grandson said: "the bathrooms bigger than my bedroom".

Breakfast is complementary and has a nice selection including make your own waffles, hard boiled eggs, a selection of breakfast meats, a variety of breakfast cereals, pastries, yogurts, bagels, toasts, milk, juices, coffee and others.

It has pool which the kids enjoyed

The staff was very courteous and helpful.

I highly recommend Sleep Inn & Suites.

The room rates are reasonable and worth what you are paying.

A great finish to what could have been a very disappointing weekend.

• Stayed April 2013
Dear Reba O,
I am so glad to hear that we were able to be a positive part of your weekend away! Thank you for your lovely review. Our staff works hard to ensure that every guest has a memorable experience. I couldn't agree more with your grandson - our suite bathrooms are a great size!
We warmly welcome you back on your next visit!
Yours In Hospitality,
Montreal
Reviewed May 10, 2013

This is a lovely hotel that, as many reviewers have mentioned, has recently undergone extensive renovations. Although the property is attractive and clean, it is obvious that there are some aspects that still need to be looked into.

A few cons:
-Our keycard kept losing its programming, forcing us to trek over to the front desk every day to get it reset.
-Our shower pipes were incredibly loud, making it impossible to shower later at night.
-The room doors slam very loudly, so if you have early rising neighbors, get ready for a lot of slamming.

Now the pros:
-excellent location, right off of the highway, across the street from Walmart, and a short drive to outlet shopping, water park, and other attractions.
-Lovely continental breakfast. Coffee available all day long.
-Clean linens, lovely room decor
-Huge bathroom

I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to stay in the Queensbury / Lake George area without paying the huge prices.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank r29c
Kristen C, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites of Lake George, responded to this review, May 12, 2013
Dear R29c,
Thank you for your review and sharing your thoughts! I appreciate your feedback on the property. I have shared your comments with the team so they may be taken into consideration. I am happy to hear that our convenient location worked well for you and you were able to enjoy our oversized suite bathroom and breakfast. Thank you for your recommendations! We hope to see you again soon!
Levis, Canada
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Last year we went to this hotel and as the room was excellent (well maintained, clean and comfortable bed) we came back this year as we were sure to have an excellent room and the girl at the reception was excellent too, smiling and answering my questions even if I usually speak French, she understood my English speaking. The breakfast was very very good and the place was very clean.
Next year, if we go back to Florida, we will surely go back to this hotel in our way home. We told our friends coming back home, to stop to the Sleep Inn & Suite of Queensbury.

Room Tip: Second floor is good and more quiet
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Kristen C, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites of Lake George, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Dear Jocelyne C,
It is rewarding to know that our efforts to provide great service are recognized! Thank you for your review and feedback. I hope you have a chance to go to Florida again soon and we look forward to seeing you and your friends on the way!
Utica, New York
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Beautiful, clean, friendly, what more can I say completed exceeded my expectations. The beds, oh my goodness the beds were so comfortable. I honestly cannot say enough about the beds , amazing feeling, I had one of the best night sleep ever. The complimentary breakfast was the biggest surprise. It was more than toast and bagels for sure, eggs sausage fruit yogart coffee juices. My kids got a real kick out of the waffle machine. Everything was fresh and inviting. The pool was alot of fun and I hate public pools but this pool was clean and the water was actually very pretty. Great job!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Germaine R,
It's great to hear that your stay was a success! We do have super comfy Serta mattresses! I'm glad that you had a chance to enjoy all our amenities. Your compliments have been shared with the team. Thank you for your review and we can't wait to see you and your family again soon!
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed April 17, 2013

This hotel was clean, well maintained and comfortable. It is located across the street from Walmart (and a liquor/wine outlet), There is also a great Outback Steakhouse restaurant diagonally across the street (walking distance) and is next door to a Pizzaria Uno. Our room was clean and well stocked, the bed comfortable. We had a fridge, coffee maker and iron in our room.

The staff was friendly and helpful - the clerk responded right away when we requested extra pillows.

We did not take advantage of the continental breakfast, but it looked good and had a lot of choices.

Would stay here again!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Kristen C, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites of Lake George, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Dear Joanne C,
Thank you for staying with us and posting your feedback! I am pleased that your stay was enjoyable and you were met with our friendly service. We hope to see you again soon should your travels bring you back to the Queensbury area!
Kristen Collura
Also consider these accommodations in or near Queensbury
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lake George (Queensbury)
Red Roof Inn
#16 of 89 in Lake George
Comfort Suites Lake George
Comfort Suites Lake George
#15 of 89 in Lake George

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites of Lake George? Share your experiences!