“New remodel, great location, hot breakfast included”

Sleep Inn & Suites of Lake George
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Queensbury
Reviewed March 10, 2013

What a hidden gem

Very budget friendly, newly redecorated rooms. Great location across the street from the Walmart, up the hill from Subway. On the main drag of everything.

Check in was efficient and friendly, our room was ground floor near the end. Tastefully redone, two beds, business area, wifi or wired Internet, as you wished, flat screen, great desk chair. Microwave, mini fridge and coffee maker (you have to use their system, not the traditional pot and filter basket). Bathroom had a shower only, very spacious and all we needed. If you want a tub, I think you have to do a slight upgrade where there is a whirlpool bath.

The pool was small and square, it paled in comparison to the Great Escape Lodge indoor Waterpark where we had just come from, so it would not be fair to review the pool. There was also a very basic exercise room.

Breakfast was served in the breakfast lounge near the lobby, it was large for the time of year we were there, but I can see it being a problem when the hotel is at a high capacity. It was kept extremely clean by the attendant Hot breakfast with waffle iron, cereal, oatmeal, a meat product and egg product which changes daily. We had sausages and hard boiled eggs this time, coffee, tea, hot chocolate, sweets, muffins, orange and apple juice, bread products like bagels, English muffins etc, jam, pb, cream cheese, fruit, yogurt. And I think that is all. So safe to say, you can eat a very decent breakfast before starting your day.

I would stay again

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Kristen C, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites of Lake George, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

Dear Dropusaline,
Thank you for the great review! Thank you for giving so much helpful information from a guest's perspective for our future guests! I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay, our breakfast and our friendly staff. I will be sure to pass your review along to everyone here.
We hope to see you again soon!
Yours In Hospitality,

Reviewed March 8, 2013

This hotel is 5 minutes away from interstate 87 and its in a very quiet area.
Its facing the Walmart and there is a restaurant on the hotel site.
I had a room on the second floor and it looked like they just remodeled the whole hotel.
Room was very decent with 32inch flat TV and granit counter around the sink....the sink is not inside the bathroom but inthe room and there is no tub but a shower with a door.
The only thing I didnt like was that the room was smaller than an average hotel room.
The hotel had a cozy feeling and it was very clean.
Overall I had a great stay.

Room Tip: Regular rooms are on the small side but the suites are huge! It may be worth the extra buck
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Kristen C, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites of Lake George, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2013

Dear Canadianguy_9,
Thank you for reviewing us! The Adirondacks are a beautiful area no matter what time of year. We couldn't agree with you more! Thank you for your room tip - our guests find it helpful to read past guest's comments when booking their stay. Our standard rooms do feature the "Sleep Signature Shower" so the jacuzzi suites are a great option for those looking for a tub and a more spacious room.
I'm glad you had a great stay and we can't wait to see you again soon!

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Our family enjoyed a weekend stay at this hotel. It was close enough to the indoor water park and about a 10 minute drive into Lake George village. The room was clean and the staff friendly. To our surprise, there was a roomy shower stall instead of a bathtub. The beds were comfortable and was generally a quiet place. We were even able to do some laundry. This is very handy when you have young children. Downfalls... Front lobby doors are not automatic AND no hot tub.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Kristen C, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites of Lake George, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

Dear Hilarie368,
I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your weekend in the Lake George area! Thank you for reviewing us on Trip Advisor. I am happy to know that our hotel was able to accommodate your lodging needs while away with your family. Thank you for your kind comments and suggestions. We look forward to seeing you and your family again soon!

Reviewed February 5, 2013

Recently renovated but new furniture smell was fairly strong enough we didn't put our clothes in the wardrobe provided, otherwise, a typical, what one would expect for this type of chain hotel. Old fashioned sliding toilet/shower area door, homey, but hard for someone with arthritis or long fingernails, needs a knob of some sort. Also the sink is right at the head of one bed in our room so the person in that bed better sleep or don't wash your hands in the middle of the night.

Reservation was done through a group, so maybe that's where the ball got dropped even though I called hotel direct prior to arrival. I have a bad knee and was to be close to the stairs on the same floor as the rest of my child's team but they put us in the middle of the first floor by the pool, said there weren't any rooms available on the team floor, so I would love to know who had our room??? So, with a bad knee, and hauling stuff, we essentially were in the middle of the first floor with a distance to lobby and exit. That and the cold and the driving, made my knee scream.

Traveling as much as we do for hockey I found the place overall suitable and clean, quiet. Parking wasn't the easiest because of the location of the lot in relation to the exterior doors for unloading. It was icy, to be expected in January, but we kept running back and forth because the carts didn't work on ice (again, my knee didn't help although the "kid" tried).

Again, someone needs to look at where the ball was dropped that my child wasn't on the team floor, meaning she had to run back and forth, and I wasn't near the exit(or stairs in case the fire alarm went off) as specifically requested. I've traveled too much to know this was a glitch that shouldn't have happened and while trying to be fair, I'm annoyed about it overall because of trying to elevate my knee, walk my kid to the elevator or steps, then meet her, then stand in a rink for hours. We were there for a hockey tourney and had a long drive, so pain meds weren't an option but didn't want to end up in the ER.

Walmart across the highway - so you can easily purchase any supplies or food and UNO Pizza next door, conveniently located.

Room Tip: well, don't count on the desk to follow your request, somehow having your kid on their team floo...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank eastcoastgirlforever

Dear Eastcoastgirlforever,
Thank you for taking the time to review us. Please accept my sincere apologies for the confusion surrounding your room location request. The inconvenience you experienced at our hotel does not represent the level of service we strive to provide. Please contact me directly at the hotel at (518) 955-3000 to further discuss the room location problem you experienced.
I sincerely appreciate your feedback, as it provides us with the information we need to identify and correct problems and improve on the services we offer to our guests. I look forward to your call.

Reviewed February 5, 2013

My wife and I stayed here last weekend. We were in the area for our Grandsons birthday (9) . When we checked in we noticed the hotel had been renovated. Our room was clean,fresh looking and comfortable. We were near the pool but were not bothered by noise. The staff were friendly. The pillows were not good. We travel frequently and regardless of the brand the pillows are the problem. Way To soft,granular,Chicklet size comes to mind. The hotel does not have automatic sliding doors which is fun when you have a loaded cart. All this aside it was a great stay ! Thank you to the Manager and Staff your work shows

Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Kristen C, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites of Lake George, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2013

Dear Mo6345,
Thank you for your review! I hope your grandson had a very happy birthday! Thank you for your comments regarding our pillows - I will certainly take this into consideration when reviewing our product qualities with Choice Hotels in the future. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and I will be sure to pass your kind comments along to the entire staff. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Our family recently rented the banquet room to celebrate our seven year olds birthday. The party guest thuroughly enjoyed the pool and I received many comments on the decor in the hotel rooms. The space was very clean and the staff were very attentive. We live loacally and often recommend the Sleep Inn to out of town guest. After this experience many of the party guest also stated they would be using the Sleep Inn for their out of town guest.

• Stayed: December 2012
SleepInnGoldWinner, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites of Lake George, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2012

Dear Llanphear,
I'm so glad to hear that your birthday party was a hit! Thank you so much for your review - I have shared your kind comments with the staff. We appreciate your recommendations and hope to see you and your guests again soon!
Yours In Hospitality,

Reviewed November 21, 2012

My husband and I had a chance for a getaway weekend which included celebrations with friends in the Queensbury Region. We booked a room at the Sleep Inn, and we were pleasantly surprised by the cleanliness and friendly staff, which far exceeded our expectations considering the price. We plan to visit again to enjoy the pool when traveling as a family. I would recommend this hotel to others travelling on a budget as it very comfortable and a great value.

Room Tip: Rooms farthest from the road were quiet. Bakery nearby.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
SleepInnGoldWinner, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites of Lake George, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2012

Dear Kate A,
It's nice to hear that you were able to have a quick get getaway! Thank you very much for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor. Our staff works hard to provide a clean and pleasant stay and I'll be sure to share your kind comments with them. We can't wait to see you and your family again soon!
Kristen Collura

Also consider these accommodations in or near Queensbury
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lake George (Queensbury)
Red Roof Inn
Ramada Queensbury/Lake George
Clarion Inn & Suites
Clarion Inn & Suites
#21 of 89 in Lake George

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites of Lake George? Share your experiences!