“Satisfied”

Sleep Inn & Suites of Lake George
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Queensbury
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Our family enjoyed a weekend stay at this hotel. It was close enough to the indoor water park and about a 10 minute drive into Lake George village. The room was clean and the staff friendly. To our surprise, there was a roomy shower stall instead of a bathtub. The beds were comfortable and was generally a quiet place. We were even able to do some laundry. This is very handy when you have young children. Downfalls... Front lobby doors are not automatic AND no hot tub.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Kristen C, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites of Lake George, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

Dear Hilarie368,
I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your weekend in the Lake George area! Thank you for reviewing us on Trip Advisor. I am happy to know that our hotel was able to accommodate your lodging needs while away with your family. Thank you for your kind comments and suggestions. We look forward to seeing you and your family again soon!

Reviewed February 5, 2013

Recently renovated but new furniture smell was fairly strong enough we didn't put our clothes in the wardrobe provided, otherwise, a typical, what one would expect for this type of chain hotel. Old fashioned sliding toilet/shower area door, homey, but hard for someone with arthritis or long fingernails, needs a knob of some sort. Also the sink is right at the head of one bed in our room so the person in that bed better sleep or don't wash your hands in the middle of the night.

Reservation was done through a group, so maybe that's where the ball got dropped even though I called hotel direct prior to arrival. I have a bad knee and was to be close to the stairs on the same floor as the rest of my child's team but they put us in the middle of the first floor by the pool, said there weren't any rooms available on the team floor, so I would love to know who had our room??? So, with a bad knee, and hauling stuff, we essentially were in the middle of the first floor with a distance to lobby and exit. That and the cold and the driving, made my knee scream.

Traveling as much as we do for hockey I found the place overall suitable and clean, quiet. Parking wasn't the easiest because of the location of the lot in relation to the exterior doors for unloading. It was icy, to be expected in January, but we kept running back and forth because the carts didn't work on ice (again, my knee didn't help although the "kid" tried).

Again, someone needs to look at where the ball was dropped that my child wasn't on the team floor, meaning she had to run back and forth, and I wasn't near the exit(or stairs in case the fire alarm went off) as specifically requested. I've traveled too much to know this was a glitch that shouldn't have happened and while trying to be fair, I'm annoyed about it overall because of trying to elevate my knee, walk my kid to the elevator or steps, then meet her, then stand in a rink for hours. We were there for a hockey tourney and had a long drive, so pain meds weren't an option but didn't want to end up in the ER.

Walmart across the highway - so you can easily purchase any supplies or food and UNO Pizza next door, conveniently located.

Room Tip: well, don't count on the desk to follow your request, somehow having your kid on their team floo...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank eastcoastgirlforever

Dear Eastcoastgirlforever,
Thank you for taking the time to review us. Please accept my sincere apologies for the confusion surrounding your room location request. The inconvenience you experienced at our hotel does not represent the level of service we strive to provide. Please contact me directly at the hotel at (518) 955-3000 to further discuss the room location problem you experienced.
I sincerely appreciate your feedback, as it provides us with the information we need to identify and correct problems and improve on the services we offer to our guests. I look forward to your call.

Reviewed February 5, 2013

My wife and I stayed here last weekend. We were in the area for our Grandsons birthday (9) . When we checked in we noticed the hotel had been renovated. Our room was clean,fresh looking and comfortable. We were near the pool but were not bothered by noise. The staff were friendly. The pillows were not good. We travel frequently and regardless of the brand the pillows are the problem. Way To soft,granular,Chicklet size comes to mind. The hotel does not have automatic sliding doors which is fun when you have a loaded cart. All this aside it was a great stay ! Thank you to the Manager and Staff your work shows

Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Kristen C, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites of Lake George, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2013

Dear Mo6345,
Thank you for your review! I hope your grandson had a very happy birthday! Thank you for your comments regarding our pillows - I will certainly take this into consideration when reviewing our product qualities with Choice Hotels in the future. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and I will be sure to pass your kind comments along to the entire staff. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Our family recently rented the banquet room to celebrate our seven year olds birthday. The party guest thuroughly enjoyed the pool and I received many comments on the decor in the hotel rooms. The space was very clean and the staff were very attentive. We live loacally and often recommend the Sleep Inn to out of town guest. After this experience many of the party guest also stated they would be using the Sleep Inn for their out of town guest.

• Stayed: December 2012
SleepInnGoldWinner, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites of Lake George, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2012

Dear Llanphear,
I'm so glad to hear that your birthday party was a hit! Thank you so much for your review - I have shared your kind comments with the staff. We appreciate your recommendations and hope to see you and your guests again soon!
Yours In Hospitality,

Reviewed November 21, 2012

My husband and I had a chance for a getaway weekend which included celebrations with friends in the Queensbury Region. We booked a room at the Sleep Inn, and we were pleasantly surprised by the cleanliness and friendly staff, which far exceeded our expectations considering the price. We plan to visit again to enjoy the pool when traveling as a family. I would recommend this hotel to others travelling on a budget as it very comfortable and a great value.

Room Tip: Rooms farthest from the road were quiet. Bakery nearby.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
SleepInnGoldWinner, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites of Lake George, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2012

Dear Kate A,
It's nice to hear that you were able to have a quick get getaway! Thank you very much for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor. Our staff works hard to provide a clean and pleasant stay and I'll be sure to share your kind comments with them. We can't wait to see you and your family again soon!

Reviewed November 17, 2012

I was outrunning Hurricane Sandy on my way from the Outer Banks, NC to Newark, NJ (to drop my brother off for a cruise-he's a little crazy-ship left right before port closed), home to northern VT. I found the Sleep Inn in one of the discount hotel travel guides so I did not expect that much for the price. The ad said newly remodeled and it was, beautifully. It felt like a hotel I would have spent twice as much for normally. The room was very nice and well appointed with a fridge, microwave, coffee maker and large flat screen. The bed was also great. They had a very nice desk and office chair and the Wi-fi was great. Breakfast was also a step up from regular continental, large selection of hot and cold items, a nice surprise. I help run a B&B in VT so I appreciate when I get personal attention. I have already recommended this hotel to others driving from NYC to our establishment. Keep up the good work!!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
SleepInnGoldWinner, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites of Lake George, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2012

Dear KinseyOBX,
I'm glad that you were able to make it home safely! Thank you so much for your great review. I'm excited to hear that you enjoyed the renovations and breakfast. Our staff works hard to provide our guests with a great stay and we appreciate your recommendation! Thank you again and we hope to see you soon.
Yours In Hospitality,

Reviewed November 14, 2012

Clean, courteous and comfortable to stay at. Easy to get to many different locations. Comfortable bed to sleep in. Felt safe there as well, since I stayed on my own. Reasonable priced. Stayed there because I read other positive interviews on it and was satisfied with my choice.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
SleepInnGoldWinner, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites of Lake George, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2012

Dear Nemashim1,
Thank you for your kind comments and taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor! I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again soon!
Kristen Collura

Also consider these accommodations in or near Queensbury
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lake George (Queensbury)
Red Roof Inn
Clarion Inn & Suites
Clarion Inn & Suites
#21 of 89 in Lake George
Ramada Queensbury/Lake George

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites of Lake George? Share your experiences!