Recently renovated but new furniture smell was fairly strong enough we didn't put our clothes in the wardrobe provided, otherwise, a typical, what one would expect for this type of chain hotel. Old fashioned sliding toilet/shower area door, homey, but hard for someone with arthritis or long fingernails, needs a knob of some sort. Also the sink is right at the head of one bed in our room so the person in that bed better sleep or don't wash your hands in the middle of the night.
Reservation was done through a group, so maybe that's where the ball got dropped even though I called hotel direct prior to arrival. I have a bad knee and was to be close to the stairs on the same floor as the rest of my child's team but they put us in the middle of the first floor by the pool, said there weren't any rooms available on the team floor, so I would love to know who had our room??? So, with a bad knee, and hauling stuff, we essentially were in the middle of the first floor with a distance to lobby and exit. That and the cold and the driving, made my knee scream.
Traveling as much as we do for hockey I found the place overall suitable and clean, quiet. Parking wasn't the easiest because of the location of the lot in relation to the exterior doors for unloading. It was icy, to be expected in January, but we kept running back and forth because the carts didn't work on ice (again, my knee didn't help although the "kid" tried).
Again, someone needs to look at where the ball was dropped that my child wasn't on the team floor, meaning she had to run back and forth, and I wasn't near the exit(or stairs in case the fire alarm went off) as specifically requested. I've traveled too much to know this was a glitch that shouldn't have happened and while trying to be fair, I'm annoyed about it overall because of trying to elevate my knee, walk my kid to the elevator or steps, then meet her, then stand in a rink for hours. We were there for a hockey tourney and had a long drive, so pain meds weren't an option but didn't want to end up in the ER.
Walmart across the highway - so you can easily purchase any supplies or food and UNO Pizza next door, conveniently located.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Designed to Dream Sleep Inn & Suites! Guest rooms include stylish bedding, sleek furniture, lcd flat screen tvs, microwaves, refrigerators and chic granite vanities. Upgraded jacuzzi suites also include a pull-out sofa, 37" lcd flat screen tv and double sink granite vanities. Free wireless high speed throughout. Indoor pool with sundeck, family barbeque area with grills and picnic tables, fitness center, business center, guest laundry and deluxe hot continental breakfast. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Choice Hotels so you can book your Sleep Inn & Suites of Lake George reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sleep Inn , Inn And Suites
- Sleep Inn Hotel Queensbury
- Sleep Inn Queensbury
- Queensbury Sleep Inn
- Sleep Inn & Suites Of Lake George NY - Queensbury