“Not misrepresented, messed up room assignment, clean, quiet” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sleep Inn & Suites of Lake George

Sleep Inn & Suites of Lake George
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Queensbury
northeast US
“Not misrepresented, messed up room assignment, clean, quiet”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

Recently renovated but new furniture smell was fairly strong enough we didn't put our clothes in the wardrobe provided, otherwise, a typical, what one would expect for this type of chain hotel. Old fashioned sliding toilet/shower area door, homey, but hard for someone with arthritis or long fingernails, needs a knob of some sort. Also the sink is right at the head of one bed in our room so the person in that bed better sleep or don't wash your hands in the middle of the night.

Reservation was done through a group, so maybe that's where the ball got dropped even though I called hotel direct prior to arrival. I have a bad knee and was to be close to the stairs on the same floor as the rest of my child's team but they put us in the middle of the first floor by the pool, said there weren't any rooms available on the team floor, so I would love to know who had our room??? So, with a bad knee, and hauling stuff, we essentially were in the middle of the first floor with a distance to lobby and exit. That and the cold and the driving, made my knee scream.

Traveling as much as we do for hockey I found the place overall suitable and clean, quiet. Parking wasn't the easiest because of the location of the lot in relation to the exterior doors for unloading. It was icy, to be expected in January, but we kept running back and forth because the carts didn't work on ice (again, my knee didn't help although the "kid" tried).

Again, someone needs to look at where the ball was dropped that my child wasn't on the team floor, meaning she had to run back and forth, and I wasn't near the exit(or stairs in case the fire alarm went off) as specifically requested. I've traveled too much to know this was a glitch that shouldn't have happened and while trying to be fair, I'm annoyed about it overall because of trying to elevate my knee, walk my kid to the elevator or steps, then meet her, then stand in a rink for hours. We were there for a hockey tourney and had a long drive, so pain meds weren't an option but didn't want to end up in the ER.

Walmart across the highway - so you can easily purchase any supplies or food and UNO Pizza next door, conveniently located.

Room Tip: well, don't count on the desk to follow your request, somehow having your kid on their team floo...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank eastcoastgirlforever
Kristen C, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites of Lake George, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Dear Eastcoastgirlforever,
Thank you for taking the time to review us. Please accept my sincere apologies for the confusion surrounding your room location request. The inconvenience you experienced at our hotel does not represent the level of service we strive to provide. Please contact me directly at the hotel at (518) 955-3000 to further discuss the room location problem you experienced.
I sincerely appreciate your feedback, as it provides us with the information we need to identify and correct problems and improve on the services we offer to our guests. I look forward to your call.
Kristen Collura

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Long Branch, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here last weekend. We were in the area for our Grandsons birthday (9) . When we checked in we noticed the hotel had been renovated. Our room was clean,fresh looking and comfortable. We were near the pool but were not bothered by noise. The staff were friendly. The pillows were not good. We travel frequently and regardless of the brand the pillows are the problem. Way To soft,granular,Chicklet size comes to mind. The hotel does not have automatic sliding doors which is fun when you have a loaded cart. All this aside it was a great stay ! Thank you to the Manager and Staff your work shows

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Kristen C, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites of Lake George, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Dear Mo6345,
Thank you for your review! I hope your grandson had a very happy birthday! Thank you for your comments regarding our pillows - I will certainly take this into consideration when reviewing our product qualities with Choice Hotels in the future. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and I will be sure to pass your kind comments along to the entire staff. We hope to see you again soon!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

Our family recently rented the banquet room to celebrate our seven year olds birthday. The party guest thuroughly enjoyed the pool and I received many comments on the decor in the hotel rooms. The space was very clean and the staff were very attentive. We live loacally and often recommend the Sleep Inn to out of town guest. After this experience many of the party guest also stated they would be using the Sleep Inn for their out of town guest.

• Stayed December 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
SleepInnGoldWinner, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites of Lake George, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Dear Llanphear,
I'm so glad to hear that your birthday party was a hit! Thank you so much for your review - I have shared your kind comments with the staff. We appreciate your recommendations and hope to see you and your guests again soon!
Granville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2012

My husband and I had a chance for a getaway weekend which included celebrations with friends in the Queensbury Region. We booked a room at the Sleep Inn, and we were pleasantly surprised by the cleanliness and friendly staff, which far exceeded our expectations considering the price. We plan to visit again to enjoy the pool when traveling as a family. I would recommend this hotel to others travelling on a budget as it very comfortable and a great value.

Room Tip: Rooms farthest from the road were quiet. Bakery nearby.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
SleepInnGoldWinner, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites of Lake George, responded to this review, November 24, 2012
Dear Kate A,
It's nice to hear that you were able to have a quick get getaway! Thank you very much for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor. Our staff works hard to provide a clean and pleasant stay and I'll be sure to share your kind comments with them. We can't wait to see you and your family again soon!
Saint Albans, Vermont
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2012

I was outrunning Hurricane Sandy on my way from the Outer Banks, NC to Newark, NJ (to drop my brother off for a cruise-he's a little crazy-ship left right before port closed), home to northern VT. I found the Sleep Inn in one of the discount hotel travel guides so I did not expect that much for the price. The ad said newly remodeled and it was, beautifully. It felt like a hotel I would have spent twice as much for normally. The room was very nice and well appointed with a fridge, microwave, coffee maker and large flat screen. The bed was also great. They had a very nice desk and office chair and the Wi-fi was great. Breakfast was also a step up from regular continental, large selection of hot and cold items, a nice surprise. I help run a B&B in VT so I appreciate when I get personal attention. I have already recommended this hotel to others driving from NYC to our establishment. Keep up the good work!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
SleepInnGoldWinner, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites of Lake George, responded to this review, November 18, 2012
Dear KinseyOBX,
I'm glad that you were able to make it home safely! Thank you so much for your great review. I'm excited to hear that you enjoyed the renovations and breakfast. Our staff works hard to provide our guests with a great stay and we appreciate your recommendation! Thank you again and we hope to see you soon.
Yonkers, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2012

Clean, courteous and comfortable to stay at. Easy to get to many different locations. Comfortable bed to sleep in. Felt safe there as well, since I stayed on my own. Reasonable priced. Stayed there because I read other positive interviews on it and was satisfied with my choice.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
SleepInnGoldWinner, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites of Lake George, responded to this review, November 17, 2012
Dear Nemashim1,
Thank you for your kind comments and taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor! I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again soon!
Dubuque,IA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

Facility was clean, up-to-date and convenient to where we wanted to be. Can't say enough about
pleasant and helpful staff. Breakfast was nice and adequate for our needs. Didn't use the pool but saw several families enjoying it. Changed the length of our stay with no problem or confusion. We would recommend the Inn without question to any of our friends or family.

Room Tip: We need a room with a shower , no tub but not a full accessible room. The ones they have are very su...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
SleepInnGoldWinner, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites of Lake George, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Dear Trvlrs2,
Thank you very much! It's nice to hear that we were able to provide you with a comfortable base to enjoy all that the northeast has to offer during the beautiful fall season. This area has something to offer during every season, and I hope that you are able to make it back again soon!
Kristen Collura
Also consider these accommodations in or near Queensbury
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lake George (Queensbury)
Red Roof Inn
#1 of 6 in Glens Falls
Comfort Suites Lake George
Comfort Suites Lake George
#9 of 87 in Lake George

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites of Lake George? Share your experiences!