“Great Visit!”

Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Queensbury
East Amherst, New York
“Great Visit!”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Sleep Inn for two nights at the end of August. We chose this hotel because we were attending a wedding in the area and it was close to everything.
The rooms had just been updated and they did an excellent job. The room was very clean and the decor had definitely been updated. I like how there was a fridge and microwave in the room as well. Also enjoyed the fact that the sink was separate from the toilet and shower. This made getting easier a little easier. I would suggest adding another mirror in the room, possibly over the desk area. The room also had all the toiletries, which was a nice touch as well.
Breakfast in the morning was very good. Good selection, with plenty of options for anyone. Overall, we had a great stay and would recommend this hotel to anyone looking to stay in the area.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
SleepInnGoldWinner, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites of Lake George, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Dear Wiley1597,
It's wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you very much for reviewing our property on Trip Advisor. We appreciate your suggestion of adding an additional mirror in our guest rooms and that is a project that we are planning to work on soon. I hope you had a great time at the wedding you were attending and we hope to see you back in our area again!
Kristen Collura

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Burnt Hills, New York
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Stayed a night at the sleep inn as a jumping point to a long hike the following weekend. Everything about our brief stay was in tune to our needs, the beds were new and extremely comfortable, good sized rooms, free wifi, quiet, and still close to get to the highway to allow us to get to the high peaks for our trip.
Would definitely stay here again

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
SleepInnGoldWinner, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites of Lake George, responded to this review, September 23, 2012
Dear Dan K,
I hope your hike went well and you got a chance to see our beautiful Adirondack Mountains! Thank you so much for taking the time to review us. It's great to hear that we were able to provide you with a well rested night before your hike. We can't wait to see you again soon!
Yours In Hospitality,
Bay Shore, New York
Reviewed September 1, 2012

After a horrible camping trip 50 miles north, where we had to leave 3 days early because our cabin was uninhabitable (but that's another review!), the Sleep Inn Queensbury was an oasis to us! The lobby was nicely decorated, modern and clean, the staff was friendly and the price was great considering you're minutes from Lake George and right near Great Escapes. We couldn't find a comparable hotel as far as price and service goes. The room was clean, updated, with a decent sized flat screen tv, refrigerator and modern decor. Several hotel employees greeted us as we passed in the halls throughout our stay. That was what impressed us-there seemed to be a sufficient amount of staff around yet no one was really in your face-they really laid low and gave you your privacy. Pool was nice, small but sufficient for our needs. Breakfast was a great ammenity-everything you would ever want for breakfast fresh and plenty of it! My husband loved not having that extra expense every day, son loved the lucky charms! The breakfast worker for Saturday was wonderful-i wish i would have gotten her name as she deserves recognition for being so sweet and helpful. The day before we arrived I checked the reviews one more time and was horrified to find the roach review-but I'm happy to say we saw no such problems while we were there. As my husband pointed out if the roach was dead then that means the hotel is doing a good job treating for insects. Two things I noticed-one i found a chocolate smear on the underside of the down comforter so hoping that was just an oversight and that the bedding is being washed on a daily basis and two-when we leave we usually check under the beds to make sure nothing gets left behind and found some one else's water bottle under the bed. Neither of these were deal breakers for us - we would stay at Sleep Inn Queensbury in a heartbeat and in fact plan to when we come to great escapes next year!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
SleepInnGoldWinner, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites of Lake George, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Dear Cyncognito,
Thank you so much for your great review! It is wonderful to hear that we were able to provide you with a nice stay after a bit of a shaky start to your vacation! Thank you for your great comments about the staff - we really enjoy working with the public here at the Sleep Inn & Suites, and I'm very happy to hear that it shows. I have been sure to share your kind comments with all of the staff members here. We can't wait to see you again next year when you visit Lake George!
Most Sincerely,
NJ
Reviewed August 22, 2012

I picked this hotel to stay with my family after reading the reviews.The overall stay was Ok. There were couple things that bothered me and were unacceptable:

The first one was we found a dead cockroach in the bathroom when we woke up.

The second was a rotten orange we found when we went for breakfast!

I did speak to the supervisor who was on site given it was Sunday and the manager was not available. The supervisor offered me 10% discount on the rate and offered me 1000 choice points for the Choice Plus program. As they say there are some things money can't buy and to me having a clean and hygienic room is one of them! After having this experience at Sleep Inn, it does leave a bad taste in my mouth for Sleep Inn and other Choice Hotels properties.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank chinkaps
SleepInnGoldWinner, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites of Lake George, responded to this review, August 24, 2012
Dear Chinkaps,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at our hotel. It is always beneficial to hear from our guests and receive their valuable feedback. Please accept my sincere apologies regarding the insect you found in your room and the piece of bad fruit. We pride ourselves on our cleanliness and I am truly sorry to hear that you were dissatisfied. We do appreciate your patronage and I am confident that your next stay at our hotel will be a pleasant one.
Yours In Hospitality,
Glens Falls, New York
Reviewed August 2, 2012

So, out for a random workout I decided to triple my normal workout plan from 5 miles to just about 15. I was pushing my wheelchair by the Inn, which I have passed many times before. I decided to wander in to scope the place out. Was greeted by a very energetic and welcoming young lady who recognized me from my school days. Still not sure how exactly I know her but she was very pleasant. I inquired about open positions and she immediately gave me the run down and also supplied me with an application. I wasted no time filling it out. I have worked in only one previous hotel establishment. I greatly miss working in the hotel world. I am crossing everything that I can possibly cross, hoping I get this job. From what little I saw of the Inn, it is absolutely gorgeous.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank ryanmtucker
SleepInnGoldWinner, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites of Lake George, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
Dear Ryanmtucker,
It's wonderful to hear your enthusiasm! I am glad to know that you were greeted immediately and given thorough information about employment here. Thank you for your kind review!
Toronto
Reviewed August 1, 2012

My group is planning to stay at this Sleep Inn during the week of AU 13-19. It will be our 7th year in a row, so obviously we are well pleased with our stay and value for dollars. We use the Sleep Inn for a component of a yearly trip to the Spa for Horse Racing.

It has all that we need, including the Racing Channel and the Net. The pool is a welcome respite after frying in the sun at Saratoga and the daily breakfast more than adequate. The location is close to several acceptable family Restaurants and a Walmart is across the street to stock up on daily 'supplies'. The liquor store is about 2 blocks away.

I have asked for small things during the years and never been disappointed by the Hotel staff. Recommended highly!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Rookies
SleepInnGoldWinner, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites of Lake George, responded to this review, August 3, 2012
Dear Rookies,
We love having guests stay with us year after year because it's so nice to get to know everyone! Saratoga is just a short drive away and a great destination to visit with the horse racing, unique shops and tasty restaurants. It's wonderful to know that you are able to make the trip every year! Thank you so much for your kind and helpful review. I am sure to pass your comments along to the entire staff.
Most Sincerely,
Braintree MA
Reviewed July 30, 2012

Stayed here for a weekend. Location is central to both Lake George and Saratoga. Saratoga is about 20-25 minutes away. Rooms were nice & clean, beds comfortable, shower small, but nice. Pool and exercise room were a plus.

Room Tip: stay away from Outback.. poor service!