“Enjoyable evening”

Dining options: Reservations
Scotia, New York
“Enjoyable evening”
Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

We were pleased with the ambiance, service, and food at this restaurant. An unexpected and delicious pâté with chopped red onion began our meal as we awaited our delicious salad with cucumber wasabi dressing that was unusual and very flavorful. The warm bread was accompanied by a yummy olive oil dipping sauce. My shrimp francese was served with fresh spinach and a nice rice. Husband had nice size portion of haddock served with potatoes du jour: bacon and sour cream. Those potatoes! Bananas foster completed the lovely meal. Our bottle of crisp Pinot grigio was kept ice cold and was promptly poured when our glasses emptied. Very pleased with this restaurant and will return.

2 Thank 401cottagegirl

Queensbury, New York
“A mixed review”
Reviewed October 24, 2012

My husband and I were looking for someplace different to dine. I suggested Jack's as I had eaten there a few years ago and had a great meal. Jack's is not much for ambience, in fact it is located in a strip mall and it shows. That being said, the menu offers a diverse select of appetizers, soup, salads and entrées. We started out with a soup course. I had the shrimp and sherry bisque and it was delicious. My husband had the French onion soup which tasted good but looked more like gravy than a soup. I was a bit disappointed with my appetizer, a caprezze salad that only had three tomatoes and two slices of mozzarella. My husband had the calamari which had a nice lightly fried taste and was served with a choice of cocktail sauce or a ginger sauce. He asked to try both and enjoyed them equally. For dinner my husband had the sea scallops and they were very good. I selected the Kona and brown sugar crusted steak and was a bit disappointed in receiving a poor quality piece of meat. The crust had a delicious aroma and interesting taste but the meat was chewy and a bit grizzly. It was a bit of an up and down experience with some of the food being great and some being disappointing. In addition our waitress wasn't into her job and it showed. We probably won't be back any time soon as there are other places in town with just as good or better food and atmosphere.

• Visited October 2012
4 Thank Scout11258
Montreal, Canada
“Very good food and service”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We ordered sesame salmon and short ribs. Both were delicious. And the blueberry cheese cake was perfect. The only thing we did not like was the decoration...there was none.

• Visited September 2012
2 Thank Alexoz02
“Consistently delicious”
Reviewed July 11, 2012 via mobile

We have been to Jack's several times and have always come away feeling happy. The food is excellent. There is always a warm welcome- comfortable for an intimate dinner or a family get together. The service is attentive and the portions are generous. This has become a regular part of our dining routine.

4 Thank KB92012
Queensbury, New York
“A Go-To Favorite”
Reviewed May 31, 2012

Locals know, this place is a great restaurant with experienced and friendly owners and staff. Food is always prepared well, cocktails are perfect, and the service never disappoints.

• Visited April 2012