“Wasn't good at all this time”

Howard Johnson Inn Queens
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Queens Village

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Round Rock
Reviewed November 4, 2013

We chose to stay here during our trip to NYC. We spent 3 days at the hotel. As opposed to staying in Manhattan, the value was great. I am a State Farm member, which gave me a rate of $75/nt. The listed $109/nt. is WAY more than this property should command. On check in, my fiancé and I asked for 2 additional pillows and 4 additional bath towels. The manager told us no, that the hotel didn't have enough to be giving people extras. During our 3 days stay, housekeeping never ONCE cleaned our room. The shower didn't work, but the bath did. It was very shallow. The neighborhood has stores and several places to eat, and is close to several crossings into the city, but is also kinda sketchy. Parking and wifi are free and the free breakfast ends at 10 and consists of cold baked goods and dry cereal. But if it is this or spending at least twice the amount to stay over the bridge, this is fine.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Troy
Reviewed October 15, 2013

location was great, nice staff, great room ... tv was pretty bad but i wasn't there to watch tv anyway.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Morgantown, West Virginia, United States
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Stayed for two nights with a friend in mid July of 2013 for a wedding. I booked it through hotwire and it said it was a 2.5 star hotel(haha yea right) I mean we expected it to be bad, but WOW. Honestly the worst hotel I have ever stayed at in my life. To start with this hotel is in a horrible area, parking is scarce. Felt unsafe walking from my car into the hotel after dark. Checked in and while walking down the hall to our room we heard people going at it loudly in more than one room! We were horrified by the condition of our room peeling paint, dirty carpets and mold. May have been "non-smoking" but it still smelled like cigarettes. Decided to just deal with it and tough it out..because it was non-refundable, but we should have left!
Later that night we went to bed and both fell asleep only to be woken later that night by noise outside our windows.. that noise was from a PIMP(I am NOT joking, they were clearly audibly talking about it right next to our window) yelling at his er..women and making phone calls throughout the night. Called front desk, but they didn't do anything stating they had already called the police. I have never felt so unsafe in all my life. The scum of the earth stay here. Second night was peaceful but we were too sketched out about the first night to sleep well. Free breakfast consisted of dry cereal, mini muffins, bread, juice and coffee that's it! Pitiful. Just pass, go anywhere but here.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank Lauren T

Travelers are raving about these Queens Village hotels

Sugar Land, Texas
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Tripadvisor helped me to get this hotel while i was travelling to NY. The hotel is affordable and good and it is very near to the subway and you will find many good restaurant around it. Only thing is the wall of the hotel room is not thin, you can hear TV sound from other room but it's ok to me. I was looking for a affordable and good hotel.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Best Western Queens Gold Coast
Days Inn & Suites Jamaica JFK Airport
Best Western Jamaica Inn
Wyndham Garden Fresh Meadows Flushing

Been to Howard Johnson Inn Queens? Share your experiences!