Our flight was unexpectedly cancelled due to the storms on the East Coast and had to find accommodations in the JFK area. All the major hotels were fully booked, but we found a room at this HoJo. We reserved a double/double room and were given the electronic card key by the nice and friendly night manager. When we opened the door, we were greeted by a strong musty odor and a king size bed. However, the room had a cute little LCD TV mounted on the wall. Nevertheless I had to go back to the office and tell the manager that we have booked a double.
In a New York minute he gave us a new room. This one didn't smell, but the TV was older - although bigger, and had free HBO. The carpet had some stains and one of the comforters had a small rip on it. The beds were OK, the bathroom was clean and the toiletries had a refreshing citrus scent.
I think the best thing about this HoJo is the free breakfast. We had a choice of cereal, donuts, croissants, fruit and apple/orange juice. The coffee machine charges 50 cents per cup, but hot water was free. Guests can also pick up a complimentary copy of USA Today at the lobby.
The hotel also had flyers for restaurants in the area. We picked up a menu for a new Chinese restaurant that just opened near the hotel, and had some food delivered. And when it was time for us to head back to the airport, the accommodating lady in the office called a private shuttle service for us.
For $188/night I thought it was pretty steep for this hotel's class, but we booked it at the last minute and were just glad we had a place to stay for the night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Brand new hotel in Queens, New York. Only minutes from Manhattan by LIRR train only one block away from the hotel. Well decorated interior and maintained rooms at competitive prices. Minutes from JFK and LGA airports. Complementary breakfast, Wi-Fi internet and free car parking. Close to shopping and Belmont race track. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Howard Johnson Inn Queens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Howard Johnson Inn Queens Village Hotel Queens Village
- Howard Johnson Queens Village
- Queens Village Howard Johnson