“Great family restaurant in the neighborhood!!”
Review of Cara Mia

Cara Mia
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Queens Village, New York
“Great family restaurant in the neighborhood!!”
Reviewed August 31, 2013

This restaurant is within walking distance from our home and my husband and I sneak off here whenever we can. It's cozy, warm, and I feel such a nice family vibe. We just went on Thursday, thinking it wouldn't be too crowded, but when we walked in the place was totally full with families, friends, and couples laughing and eating and having a wonderful time. The food is very good, not the best, but better than most. We love the baked clams. I had the filet of sole francese and it was excellent. Great flavor, moist, perfectly cooked and a large portion. My husband got the spaghetti and meatballs. The meatballs were delicious. Maybe the best ive had. The staff is friendly and service is pretty fast. Fair prices, and the drinks are good.

• Visited August 2013

Inland Empire
“Very good Italian”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

I've eaten here before and the food was perfect. Ordered take out this time and got way more than we expected. The food was delicious and the staff was polite. The chef even came out and checked on me while I was waiting for the food to be packed for take out. I would go there again.

Visited May 2013
New York
“No Flavor and over priced (would be better buying a frozen Italian meal and eating at home)”
Reviewed May 10, 2013

I've been here three times (not of my own choice) and each time the food lacked flavor and was over priced for what I received. The most recent was the lasagna. It is ground beef in between noodles. There was no flavor, no ricotta, no seasoning and a thick layer of cheese on the top. I think that I could've gotten better lasagna from a frozen Stoffer's meal for a fourth of the price. The other people with me stated their meals also lacked flavor. Including the $40.00 seafood with lobster dish that someone ordered extra spicy. It had no flavor.
Very disappointed. Won't be going back if I can help it.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank FAV10
Brooklyn, New York
“My Favorite Restaurant in Northeast Queens”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

This is the restaurant I eat at when I visit my family and friends in Bayside. Its a couple of miles away. The food is consistently delicious, traditional red sauce Italian and reasonably priced. Portions are generous, the service is good and the ambiance has improved in recent years. I suggest that you stick to the regular menu and you will walk out very satisfied.
The most satisfying experience is to come for the early bird which is Monday-Friday until 6pm. It was $20.00 at my last visit. For that amount you get soup, salad, a decent selection of entrees, dessert and coffee. Cara Mia takes reservations for parties of 5 or more. Its always busy so if you are an appropriate sized group take advantage of this policy. Also this restaurant is popular with large groups celebrating family occasions which can tie up tables.

• Visited April 2013
Queens, New York
“Old favorite-always consistantly good”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

I have been going to this restauaunt for over 40 years. The owner is the son of the founder and used to work in the kitchen as a boy. I live down the block and met a few people who used to work there and have no reason to lie and they told me the owner is fanatical about quality, service and cleanliness-and it shows every time! They are open for lunch every day with the familiar Italian favorites but at dinner-they really shine. The portions are always generous, the bread is excellent and fresh and the prices are reasonable. You can enter thru the rear if you park in the lot. Two suggestions: The food always comes out hot so be prepared to wait a moment and enjoy the aroma and try to avoid Saturday evening (unless you come early) as the place is not big and it can get very crowded. Try a weeknight so you can relax and by all means do not be tempted to even think about going to the Chinese Buffet next door-the food is average at best and you will pay almost exactly the same for dinner. Cara Mia is a local gem and many people who move away make it a point to stop in when they return to Queens Village. Enjoy!

• Visited March 2013