“Charming Place with a Good Restaraunt”

Bavarian Manor Country Inn & Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 3 Purling B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

We enjoyed the casual atmosphere of the Inn. Room was comfortable and the staff was very attentive. Food was good German cooking with very large portions. The front and side porch was an ideal for afternoon cocktails and visiting with our family.Sue and Stan run a great place. We had a wonderful time.

Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Denver7889
Suzanne_O, Owner at Bavarian Manor Country Inn & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2013

Thank for your review. We are happy you enjoyed your time with us.

There are newer reviews for Bavarian Manor Country Inn & Restaurant

Reviewed October 11, 2013

On a day trip to the Catskills, we were trying to decide where to stop for dinner. We saw an ad for the Bavarian Manor Country Inn & Restaurant and decided to try it for dinner.

We were absolutely charmed by this beautiful inn. The restaurant service staff was excellent and seemed to take great pride in the food. They were friendly, professional and demonstrated great warmth to my family. When I commented that the potato pancakes (a must have) were as close in deliciousness to my grandmother 's (the highest compliment I can give) the waitress made sure to let the chef know about the comments. We also enjoyed the Cream of Pumpkin soup which was wonderful.

My husband had prime rib with mushrooms which he enjoyed and I had New York Strip Steak (with mushrooms) which was also excellent. Portions are very generous and can easily be taken home for another meal. My daughter had the stuffed mushrooms which she loved.

I throw all loyalty to Weight Watchers out the window whenever I see German Chocolate Cake on the menu. It was worth every single calorie.

The atmosphere is incredibly charming. It would be a great place for a romantic evening out after a day of sightseeing in the Catskills. We are looking forward to returning.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

We always appreciate hearing from our guests. You are very kind to take the time to give the world your thoughts. We thank you.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

Service was indifferent and slow.The water was undrinkable as it had a very strong sulfur taste as did the soda again due to the water issue.The staff knew this yet continued to pour water and serve soda at every table without any warning - incredible! I had to eat my meal without anything to wash it down with yet no apologies from the staff! The weinersnitzel was tough and dry also.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank VINCENT R
Suzanne_O, Owner at Bavarian Manor Country Inn & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2013

We are sorry there were issues with our drinking water. The inn was founded on the mineral water legacy as a springs bath house and sometimes the sulphur gets strong. Some people appreciate the health aspects but some don't. We did take steps by getting bottled soda in the restaurant. If you would have mentioned needing water, a bottled water would have been made available to you at no charge. I will address this with our staff to be more aware of our customers needs. As far as the schnitzel, we usually have great schnitzel. I'm sure a new schnitzel would have been prepared for you.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

Stumbled upon this place last minute and feel lucky to have found this gem! We got the last room for the night, which was a cozy little room and perfect for what we needed.

The food was great, even the bar menu had plenty of options and alcoholic beverages were spot on. Not too strong, not too weak. We enjoyed the night on the beautiful porch with plenty of seating and slept comfortably on our queen sized bed. The prices were extremely reasonable with a great breakfast included the next morning.

Another added benefit is the water the hotel uses! As a studying N.D, I was so excited to shower using sulfur water. It has amazing medicinal benefits and is amazing for the body/skin. This made me fall even more in love with the place.

The owner and staff are so, so sweet and pleasant. And made it apparent they would more than willing to accommodate us. I was so happy to have spend the night here. My husband and I can't wait to go back !

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Shejamsss
Reviewed July 27, 2013

My wife and I stayed here and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves from driving up and seeing the magnificent building overlooking the lake to the breakfast the next morning. I am not a big fan of B&B's and was a little wary of our stay here but was quickly put at ease when we walked in the lobby and was greeted by the bartender who was also checking us in. She greeted us immediately and within a few moments we were on our way upstairs to room # 12. The room was cute and we also checked out some other rooms since if they were vacant the doors were left open I assume so you can see the uniqueness of each room and possibly see which one you would like to reserve for a future visit. The dinner was great we went with the german specialties but there was plenty to choose from if you are not a fan of German food. We also had a nitecap out on the deck which was very comfortable and plenty of seating they also had a fire-pit all ready to go all you needed was a match. Our room was small but comfortable I do think they should update the TV's we had a 13" in our room I haven't seen one of those for quite a while. Breakfast was included and it wasn't a crappy bagel and coffee we had an omelet and french toast which was great. All in all a very pleasant experience.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Longisland6306
Reviewed June 21, 2013

The manor is centrally located for fun and nature all around. Close to Hudson, Woodstock, Hunter Mountain, and many historical sites. The acres of land around the inn are beautiful as well as the inn itself. Stan, Suzanne, and the gang will make you feel right at home and Stan's home cooked breakfast is quiet yummy. The Bavarian Manor made my experience in the Hudson Valley even more enjoyable--perfect service, perfect food, perfect price, and perfect location including beautiful surrounding landscapes. Thanks to the Oldakowski Family and Nancy for giving my boyfriend and I a fantastic experience. Can't wait to visit again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 90melanie
Reviewed June 16, 2013

The Bavarian has been one of our favorite restaurants for many years. We've driven there through snow storms and downpours for the most outstanding German/Austrian cuisine around. The Schnitzels, Saurbratten and Rouladen are great favorites. Suzanne and Stan are very accomodating and employ a great staff. Ellen at Breakfast is great fun and good with local stories. The Inn is one of the grand old Catskill Victorians still in business with only the 3rd owners in a century and a half. The Inn has many of it's original architectural details, although there have been recent improvements to modernize and keep things current-new baths and doors to mention some. There are many antiques from many periods, and casual country appointments throughout. Also great historical photos and items, however the Inn is not 'fussy' at all. The rooms range from 'cozy' to large suites. many on the 3rd floor with great views to the eastern mountains and the large lake on the property. There are nice hiking trails on the couple hundred acre site and Suzanne provides maps, and will guide you where to walk. My spouse and I decided after eating here for so long we would stay here as well, and forego the chain hotels nearby. It's very nice having a delicious dinner then heading upstairs to unwind and relax. Or have a drink in the tap room, which seems to be a big spot for locals with great stories and gossip about the area-as well as with advice to go to sightseeing. Breakfast in the morning was great-anything you would want made to order. We highly recommend the Bavarian. It's convenient to most all the Hudson Valley historical sites from Hyde Park in the South up to Albany in the north.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 3rd floor east side have nice views. 'Cozy' is small for most people, go for a...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Christopher T
Also consider these accommodations in or near Purling
Blackhead Mountain Lodge and Country Club
#2 of 3 in Round Top
Riedlbauer's Resort
Riedlbauer's Resort
#3 of 4 in Round Top

Been to Bavarian Manor Country Inn & Restaurant? Share your experiences!