Bavarian Manor Country Inn & Restaurant
$110
Travelocity
B&B Lounge of Catskill(Catskill)(Great Value!)
$120
Travelocity
$65
  • Pool
No availability for your dates from our partners
Blackthorne Resort(East Durham)
All reviewswiener schnitzelcocktail hourthe entire staffcatskill areared cabbagegerman specialtiesnew yorkrelaxationproximityweisswurst
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 24, 2012

This is our 4th time at the Bavarian Inn Restaurant and again, it was just perfect!
The setting is simply gorgeous, both outdoors and indoors! It's located in the Catskill Mountains, not far from Windham.
The food...- definitely worth the 2 hour drive from NYC! I started with the crab meet strudel that was phenomenal!
I continued with the Jaeger Schnitzel... What a delight! Probably even better than the one I had in Vienna recently...
Others in our party had the Wiener Schnitzel that was also excellent!
We concluded with the Hudson Valley Award Winning – Patee Sucree which definitely won our award as well!
The waitresses are wearing the traditional German costumes and service is great!
We will be back!!!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 13, 2012

This was booked at the last minute after a let down by our other accommodation. A beautiful looking hotel in a beautiful setting but oh what a disappointment! The room was small, dark & not very clean at all. The bathroom was so small that we had trouble shutting the door. The sealant round the bath was black & coming away with mould underneath. The meal in the evening in their restaurant was nothing special, & the breakfast wasn't much better with the waitress telling us over& over again how tired she was & forgetting to serve us things. Definitely not recommended.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Marna J
Suzanne_O, Owner at Bavarian Manor Country Inn & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2012

These last two reviews were from 2 couples who were traveling together from the U.K. They booked thru an on-line agency, were passing thru, stayed just one night on a very busy holiday weekend and we didn't have much conversation. However, we are very concerned about their reviews and have contacted them directly to get some specifics. We sometimes wonder why folks find it easier to review on line their disappointments rather than speak with us directly so we can rectify any situation. We receive many notes and cards from folks who had a great stay, perhaps we should encourage them to go on-line!

Reviewed October 24, 2012

We had to book this at the last minute but would not recommend it! The settting was beautiful but the rooms were small, dark and not very clean. The bathroom door had large splinters coming away from it and the room door had a hole in it. It was also a restaurant but despite highlighting that we had a vegetarian with us a meal could not be offered and my husband had to make do with soup and some vegetables. Fortunately we had only booked one night. Other B&B's we stayed at were of a much higher standard and cheaper!

Room Tip: Select a different B&B.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Suzanne_O, Owner at Bavarian Manor Country Inn & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2012

Oh dear, is right. We are trying wrap our head around the true vegan menu choices for our restaurant. We do offer fresh vegetables and usually have a tofu addition but I guess we were caught a bit short. We are having a conversation with our chefs in regards to a solid vegan entree addition to our regular menu but perhaps because of your review it will speed the process up. Thank you. In regard to the small room you had, not all the rooms are small. That was the choice you had "cozy" is noted as a small room. And yes that category has some small rooms but they are appropriately priced and it seems to be a very popular choice for many. I do appreciate all remarks about our hotel. I have to really comment on the "dirty room" mention. Our rooms are spotless. That is one thing you can ask our staff about, we don't care how long,how much it takes but the bottom line is that the room must be clean. We try to please all our guests as best we can. I only wish you would have mentioned any of this to us at the time. Hopefully you enjoyed the rest of your stay in the U.S. and had a safe trip back to the U.K.

Reviewed May 3, 2012

I've been learning over the years that I really prefer to stay at a standard hotel. This particular inn is in a scenic area and the house is nice but I did notice the TV and lamp stands in the room falling apart or just looking like they were tipping over. And as much as I understand that the inn is run by a family with other obligations, I think it's impersonal and annoying to have a bell at the front desk that you have to ring whenever you need attention with something or just need a suggestion for a tourist attraction or a restaurant. It made me feel like stranger instead of a guest. As far as the breakfast routine is concerned, there was nothing wrong with the food but I think the communication about the breakfast hours needs to be improved. I was told that breakfast was served between 8 and 10 only to find out that at 8 o'clock, the chef wasn't ready and that apparently, the 8 o'clock opening only applies to the weekends. It wasn't a big deal but I thought that was strange.

The German food at the restaurant is very good but the restaurant itself needs more lighting. The atmosphere is dark and gloomy.

I just don't exactly feel at home there. It's all right but definitely not great.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank 707roadtrip

Yes, we are a bit quirky but we prefer to think of our inn as "independent" and not the same old same old. When you walk through our doors you will be treated as a special person and our efforts will be to making your stay with us as comfortable as possible.

Reviewed February 18, 2012

We try to get away to the Catskills every winter. Bavarian Manor is our favorite place to stay in the winter.

The entire staff are outstanding making you feel right at home with the best German food I have ever had, even better then when I was in Germany. The breakfasts are included and are great.

Suzanne and Stan are great hosts and innkeepers. We will always go back to Bavarian Manor every winter.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family