“No idea how to run a B&B”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Purling
Shinglekill Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 3 Purling B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 22, 2011

If you are going to run a B&B, you really need to understand how it is done.

The grounds were unkempt and we were greeted by a beer drinking host. Pictures on the website are deceiving as this place was unkempt on the inside and out. We stayed in the family suite and the room was filthy. There were spider webs in every corner and the bathroom floor looked like it had not been cleaned in weeks. I found myself cleaning it myself because I really did not feel like stepping on it. The bed in the front room was so uncomfortable I felt like I was sleeping on a plank. Sheets were poor.

We stayed 2 nights but the room was not made up after the first. The second night, unbeleivably, there was an unfriendly woman sitting at the kitchen table (our room was above the kitchen and we passed through it on the way to the room) watching TV loudly until 1:00am! The room allowed all noise to enter and I was awakened each morning before 7 with the banging of pots and pans in the kitchen. I understand that breakfast needs to be cooked, but this sounded like there was no concern for sleeping guests as there can be some care taken in handling kitchen items.

The breakfasts were good and the waterfall/swimming hole in the back very nice. When we did go down to the simming hole to swim however, the area was taken up with the hosts and friends drinking. There was no space for us to sit.

All this for $125/night!?!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank PMWMSW

Been to Shinglekill Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!