“Decent Little Place”

The Blazer Pub
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Purdys
Cuisines: American
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Word on the street is, The Blazer not only attracts devoted locals but also serves one of the best burgers in the area. Since I don't eat burgers I can't confirm but I can tell you each time I've been here it's been jam packed with people. The wait can get rather long and seating is very limited, especially for larger parties/groups. Service was a little spotty the night I was there. My favorite menu item - the amazing and large portion of steak fries! Also love the ambiance and their diverse beer selection.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

I love, love, love your soups. Can you please put more clams in the chowder?

Tomato bacon is awesome, but need more clams in the delicious clam chowder.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I have been hearing about the Blazer Pub for years ns finally went to check out the "phenomonal " burger. I could not have been more disappointed. First of all, parking is a nightmare. The atmosphere is less than good. The offerings are minimal. The burger is awful. It is shaped more like a giant meatball, and way overcooked no matter how you order it. Try getting your mouth around it. Impossible.The roll falls apart and you end up with a big greasy mess. You can get fries but that's about it. No coffee, no dessert, no way I am going back. And to make matters worse they only take cash. If you want a good burger, try Squire's in Briarcliff.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

I was visiting the area from FL. Haven't been in Westchester in some time. Was visiting the John Jay Homestead and passed the Blazer on the way down. Boy the memories it brought back. Had to stop for lunch with my wife. Sat at the bar, the bartender was great, the patrons too, conversations easily started. Everyone was friendly. We had the chowder and tomato bacon soup to start, amazing, then the burgers...just as I remembered, pure and basic and simply delicious, cooked to the correct temp too! The beer selection was great, an old Bronx boy I had to try the Bronx Brewery APA. Just an excellent relaxed lunch!

1  Thank Steve B
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Always a joy. Justly renowned for their burgers but have never had a bad meal there. Service excellent and food outstanding.

2  Thank coopersouthsalem