1880 House Bed & Breakfast
$77
$72
$118
Hilton.com
All Seasons Inn(Oswego)(Great Value!)
$100
$68
$118
QualityInn
$181
All reviewssoupsbreadhome away from homethe riversalmonfishing tripb bsteelheadtug hillgas fireplacexc skiingresident catpenalty boxa great place to stayvisiting the areaupstate new yorklinda
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 18, 2012

We came here with our hiking club, was never at a bed and breakfast before, but loved it. I had the best prime rib dinner, with an amazing dessert that the cook didn't even have a name for because she is so awesome, she invented it herself! The rooms were really comfy and homey, and we all hung out in the big inviting room off the kitchen, and it felt just like staying at a friends house. The owner and her staff were all very friendly, I would definitely recommend it.

Room Tip: We did a quick tour of the house, and all the rooms looked fabulous! We were on the third floor, and didn't hear a sound from downstairs.
Reviewed March 16, 2012

This is the second consecutive year our hiking club from Binghamton, NY has gone to the 1880 House, and this year was every bit as good as last. The house accomodated 22 from our club, with a mix of private and shared rooms. Beds were comfortable, and food excellent, with plenty of it. You will not go away hungry. The great room was perfect for socialization. Linda and Dawn made us feel welcome, and were flexible in meeting our needs. We'll be back!!!

Reviewed March 14, 2012

I stayed at the 1880 House with a group of friends from my hiking club. We were in search of late season snow and found just enough of it to ski on. Our accomodations were excellent - very comfortable beds in large rooms that have a lot of character. Linda the proprieter and her staff were friendly and helpful. This was my second weekend here, and the meals have always been first-rate. I would recommend this place to anyone.

Reviewed March 13, 2012

I was with a group of about 22 people from my hiking club. The location was chosen for its proximity to nordic skiing in the Tug Hill Plateau area (Osceola Ski Center and Winona Forest). We filled the whole house for the weekend, and enjoyed the hospitality of Linda and Dawn including wonderful food, comfortable bedrooms and a welcoming and laid back atmosphere. They tell guests to "make yourself at home" and they mean it, but they take care of the cooking and cleaning! The house is lovely, old and filled with antiques but homey (in other words you feel like you're a guest in someone's beautiful old house, not a museum). My hiking club has already booked the place for a similar trip next year. This place is a jewel!

Room Tip: They have several large rooms with 5-6 single beds (which can also be pushed together to make King beds) which are great for a group traveling together.
Reviewed March 6, 2012

I had never stayed at a B&B before and am sure that none can ever compare to the wonderful experience our group of 11 had this past 3 day weekend. Linda loves her guests and has been in business 25 years. The house, guest rooms and 11 bathrooms are lovely. The food is out of this world! We skiied 3 days pretty hard and I gained weight as each meal was a feast.

Room Tip: I liked the 2nd and 3rd floor as you can hear street traffic in the 1st floor rooms.