“I hear it's gone.”

Saigon Cafe
Ranked #160 of 281 Restaurants in Poughkeepsie
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Reviewed January 4, 2012

Was an authentic, reliable Viet cafe - with great Vienamese pancakes. An old stand-by that's gone the way of so many marginal (economically) places.

Reviewed October 31, 2011

We eat at this restaurant several times a year. My teenage son loves the Steamed Imperial Rolls (served with a peanut dipping sauce) and the Lime Chicken (served on wooden spears). I enjoy the Hanoi Soup (beef, over thin noodles), and my husband the Chicken Nest (chicken with noodles and mixed vegetables). If you are new to Vietnamese cuisine or in doubt with what to order, the server is the owner and he is always willing to help you with your selections. The place is small, only 19 seats, but we have always found the food to be delicious.

Reviewed June 13, 2011

We were looking for lunch around Vassar College and happened upon this tiny little place that was jammed at 1:30 on a Saturday so we went in. Although I had some reservations about this place all the reviews hanging on the wall were amazing and the host was so eager to please. The food, however was just average Vietnamese food. I also really wish the menus were better wiped off and the walls and floor were cleaner. The food at the table next to us look REALLY good so it is possible we ordered poorly- I just was not very impressed.

1  Thank Kaycee12561
Reviewed August 29, 2009

We ordered beef noodle soup, BBQ pork vermicelli, BBQ hoggie, two spring rolls. The noodles had aweful taste of dust and yucky flavor. The soup was too sweet. Horrible.

2  Thank MintChok
Reviewed August 12, 2009

Having dined at many fabulous and inexpensive vietnamese places around the world, Saigon falls short in several way: Not much in the way of vegetables, and the dish we ordered, Curry chicken with potato came with a chicken wing and a piece of potato that was about an inch in diameter. Kind of a disappointment. Owner was quite personable. Perhaps we hit them on a bad night, as the reviews on the walls were laudatory.

1  Thank mancha1