Poughkeepsie Grand Hotel
$90
$87
$136
$101
All reviewsattached garagewedding venuecocktail hourhudson riverlobby barwalking bridgeson's weddingshuttle busbuffet styledecent sizevery nice hotelstayed two nightsking bedup to datebeds were comfortablepoughkeepsie areagrandview
Reviewed May 27, 2006

We spent one terrible night at the Poughkeepsie Grand Hotel. Just after midnight we were awakened to the AC in our room started to make a screaming sound. Rather than wait for it to be repaired or have to change rooms we turned off the AC and waited until morning to complain. Since we didn't complain at midnight they refused to make any adustment to the room fee.

• Stayed: May 2006
3  Thank Juniper19
Reviewed April 7, 2006

I did not end up staying the night at the Poughkeepsie Grand, though I paid for a night. It was the worst hotel experience I have ever had. Who's running this place?

I called for the hotel shuttle from the train. 10 mintues later, no shuttle. When I called the hotel desk to find out if I was in the right place, they were rude and abrupt, saying, "I don't know what you're talking about." I was asking about where the shuttle stops. What's not to understand? 20 minutes later, I took a cab.

My room was a dump. It smelled odd (like old socks), the TV didn't work (the hotel electrician had to come up), and there was a heavy metal concert next door at the Civic Center.

I did not end up staying the night. The room had a dingy quality that was doubly offensive combined with the mysterious mouldy foot odor.

I told them why I was leaving, and they charged me the full price. 170-!!! Insanity. I thought I'd book a block of rooms for my Hudson Valley wedding, but forget it. I bet the Econo-Lodge is way better. I'm glad I checked it out before I sent my guests there.

DO NOT stay at the POUGHKEEPSIE GRAND.

• Stayed: April 2006
12  Thank Beth H
Stone Ridge, NY
Reviewed September 10, 2005

My husband and I had our wedding reception at the Poughkeepsie Grand in October of 2004. Overall, we found it to be a wonderful experience. The staff were very attentive to us and our bridal party. The food was pretty good, though we did not have much of a chance to eat. This is one of the classier hotels in this area, and the price was very reasonable. Our bridal suite was beautiful, and the staff was kind enough to bring all of our gifts to our room. Our maitre d was exceptional, always seeing to our every need. We really enjoyed working with Dana, who was always professional and helpful. I would definitely reccomend this hotel to anyone who wants to have a classy wedding within a budget. There are also many areas for beautiful wedding photos, and the wedding package with the bonus hotel rooms is really great for out of town family members. There was another wedding at the same time as ours, but they staff was good about keeping everyone seperate. If I could do it again, I would definitely still go with the POK Grand.

• Stayed: October 2004
6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
new york
Reviewed April 4, 2005

my daughter had her wedding reception at the poughkeepsie grand in the fall of 2003 and it was absolutely wonderful!!!! family and friends still rave about how beautiful everything was. the wedding staff could not have been more helpful,,we wanted for nothing!! they opened the room for the cocktail hour a few minutes early because all of our guests had arrived and were ready. the service and the food were incredible,,everyone had a great time!!

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
NY
Reviewed January 10, 2005

I just read all the awful reviews and I don't get it! I had my wedding at the Poughkeepsie Grand in November of 2003 and thought everything was exceptional. From my first meeting to my check out the day after my wedding I was more then happy. During my reception I was treated like a QUEEN and all my guests were treated in a like-minded manner as well. My husband and I didn't have to ask for anything. If i put my drink down and was thought to have none, one was immediately handed to me without ever having to ask. My Head Waiter even went so far as to move our daughters belongings from one room to another, as well as cleaning our bridal suite for us, as if i never got ready in it prior to heading to the church. Wine was put on every table for my guests. Every single guest was offered seconds on their dinners. Every server was prompt and curteous and had a smile on their face. I was accomodated in every way imaginable by everyone at the hotel. Dana and her staff were more then exceptional. I looked at other venues in Dutchess County before choosing the Grand and I must say, I got more then my money's worth with them. Everything was very clean as well --- I would definately recommend them to anyone I knew. My guests still tell me of the great time they had at my wedding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you for making my wedding day even more wonderful!!

4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member