Arriving by train I called the front desk and instead of waiting for their free shuttle, they offered instead to pay for my taxi. That was a nice surprise! Arriving at the hotel set back from the busy highway, the front desk area was bright and clean.
In the morning the breakfast was better than expected with a wide variety of breads, hot dishes, and cold items. The outside patio was open and clean and it was delightful to be able to have breakfast outdoors in a lovely setting. Another nice surprise!
The majority of the rooms are in a 4 story tower that is set far back from the street and the backside rooms face a quiet residential area.
I had asked for a non connecting room. After I reached the room I found it was a connecting room. I checked with the front desk, and there were non connecting rooms available, but I was too lazy and tired to change.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express Poughkeepsie is a newly renovated hotel, located in the heart of the Hudson Valley. The upgrades have been specifically designed for the modern day traveler and family who need modern efficiency without sacrificing comfort. As always you can enjoy our complimentary, deluxe hot breakfast in the newly renovated Great Room. Connect with family and friends or get all of your important work done without any hassle by using the complimentary, high-speed wireless Internet. Enjoy your daily workout routine with new Lifefitness equipment in the 24 hour fitness center. Guests can enjoy the new features in the rooms such as: 6 USB ports to charge all your devices, new 50 inch flat screen television, and furniture designed for the modern day traveler. Each room has a refrigerator, microwave, and Keurig coffee machine. As always the plush bedding will ensure you get a rejuvenating night’s sleep. Guests visiting the area for business or pleasure can enjoy the convenience to the popular destinations such as the Culinary Institute of America, IBM, Vassar College, Marist College, and Vassar Brothers Medical Center. While visiting the scenic Hudson Valley, guests should make plans to see sights like the Walkway Over the Hudson, Frances Lehman Loeb Art Center and the Samuel L. Morse home at Locust Grove. Enjoy live entertainment at The Bardavon Opera House, Chance Theatre, and Mid-Hudson Civic Center, located only minutes from the hotel. The hotel is also a great location when venturing out to Historic Hyde Park and Rhinebeck which host the Franklin D. Roosevelt Home & Library, Vanderbilt Mansion and Eleanor Roosevelt Park, and Dutchess County Fairgrounds. Enjoy the convenience by taking the Metro North Train into Grand Central Station in New York City. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Booking.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Poughkeepsie reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Poughkeepsie Hotel Poughkeepsie
- Holiday Inn Poughkeepsie
- Poughkeepsie Holiday Inn Express