“The Best Place To Stay In Poughkeepsie!”

Holiday Inn Express Poughkeepsie
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Poughkeepsie
Reviewed August 12, 2012

This Holiday Inn Express wins the prize! I've stayed at many of the motel/hotels in the area, and this inn was the best choice I've made when traveling to the area.

The front desk staff were über helpful, and made sure we were picked up at the train station in the middle of the night. Special props to Ali, the night front desk manager, Diana, and Rachel, the general manager, who were so very welcoming, friendly, and helpful during our stay.

We did not have our own transportation to visit local colleges, so the staff made the hotel shuttle available to us on several occasions. It was great to have a simple breakfast everyday, and although we didn't take advantage of it, the coffee was always hot and delicious.

The rooms were simply decorated but very spacious and comfortable. Compliments to Sherry, our floor attendant, who was extremely helpful and courteous when I locked myself out of my room.

All in all, it was a great experience. If my daughter decides to attend college here, this will be our home-away-from-home.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
hiepoughkeepsie, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Poughkeepsie, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2012

I really appreciate that you took the time to write such a great review about the hotel. I'm very happy to know that you enjoyed everything and we'll look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed August 10, 2012

This was our second visit to this Holiday Inn Express and if travleing this way again, would return. Very helpful and polite staff. Honest, too. As a matter of fact, a tip we left one morning for the maid, was not taken. Why - because holusekeeping is instructed to not take anything unless it's the day of checkout. Wow! Rooms are comfortable and well-stocked with toiletries and towels. The breakfast area is spacious and offers many choices - all fresh and good. Both the pool area and patio offer a pleasant spot to socialize, read and relax. My only less than positive comment would be that the wallpaper is worn, buckling in some places - and some "spots" show obvious signs of wear and tear.

Room Tip: Away from the ice machines which are next to the elevator and from the guest's complimentary lau...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
hiepoughkeepsie, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Poughkeepsie, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2012

Thank you very much for staying with us and taking the time to write such a nice review about the staff and the hotel. I shared your comments with the staff and everyone was so happy to know that you were pleased.

I thank you for letting me know about the condition of the wallpaper in your room.

We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed July 26, 2012

My girlfriend and I spent a night here after a day's hiking at nearby Lake Minnewaska. We found the hotel clean, convenient and comfortable. The room was bright, spacious and clean. We had a lovely view of the hotel's large swimming pool right outside our window. The hotel is close to restaurants and shops. The service was prompt and friendly. I would highly recommend this Holiday Inn Express for travelers in the Hudson River Valley.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank funnywriter
hiepoughkeepsie, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Poughkeepsie, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2012

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a nice review about your recent stay. I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed yourselves and like what the area has to offer. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to the area. Thank you again for sharing your experience.

Reviewed July 10, 2012

This would have been a good review but after we checked out and returned home, we realized that we forgot to unplug and pack something. I called the hotel right away. They said no one had checked into the room and that housekeeping would inform them if they saw it. After a 2 day run around, they finally said they didn't see it but we know it's there. Shameful. Admittedly, we should have been more careful, but with staff so dishonest, I'll not be staying there again.

Room Tip: Don't leave your valuables out.
Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank MamaMia60

Thank you for taking time to write a review about your recent stay. I sincerely apologize for the unfortunate experience you had upon realizing you'd left an item in the room. I take the matter seriously and would like an opportunity to follow up on this with you. Please contact me directly at ExpressPou@aol.com.

Your experience is not typical, as I frequently mail items left in the room to our guests after checking out. Again, please accept my apology for the inconvenience and I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

Breakfast had some great choices; room was comfortable and clean. Staff was very pleasant.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Good afternoon Carol,

Thank you for reviewing the hotel after your recent stay. I'm very pleased to know that you were satisfied with the accommodations, guest room and service. We hope to see you again in the future. Thank you again for sharing your comments.

Reviewed June 8, 2012

Stay was very friendly, breakfast was nice and the room was very good.
Only negative was the loud crowd in the lobby Sunday morning. All morning.

Room Tip: In room whirlpool was lovely for relaxing weekend, but right by the lobby meant it was VERY noisy.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
hiepoughkeepsie, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Poughkeepsie, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2012

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay. I am happy to hear that your stay was pleasant with the exception of being distracted by the large group that congregated in the lobby. That's unfortunate to hear and I'm sorry about that. I certainly hope that isn't going to keep you from visiting us again in the future!

Thank you again for your review.

Reviewed June 1, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here for the memorial day weekend and we had a very pleasant time. Check in and out was a breeze and our room was spotless and spacious. We requested a room with a king bed and couch and the room did not disappoint. The bathroom was well stocked with towels and bath supplies.
The breakfast is nothing special but for a complimentary breakfast it was fine. It included cereals, eggs, sausages, biscuits, toast, and pastries.

Special note to AAA members, ask for the discounted AAA rate!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for offering such a nice review of your recent experience at the hotel. We value every comment we receive from our guests and I appreciate you taking the time to do so.

I'm disappointed to hear that you considered the breakfast average. While Holiday Inn Express is required and limited to providing only certain items, we certainly strive to provide the best quality possible. For instance, rather than purchasing muffins already made we bake them fresh in the morning. We keep a refrigerator stocked at the end of the breakfast bar with assorted yogurts, fruit cups and hard boiled eggs. The pancake machine has been a hit since it's installation last year...it produces two fresh pancakes in about a minute!

Again, thank you for taking the time to write. It would be a pleasure to see you again.

Rachel Kuhn

Also consider these accommodations in or near Poughkeepsie
Hampton Inn & Suites Poughkeepsie
Poughkeepsie Grand Hotel
Poughkeepsie Grand Hotel
#6 of 13 in Poughkeepsie
Hampton Inn by Hilton New Paltz NY

Been to Holiday Inn Express Poughkeepsie? Share your experiences!