This Holiday Inn Express wins the prize! I've stayed at many of the motel/hotels in the area, and this inn was the best choice I've made when traveling to the area.
The front desk staff were über helpful, and made sure we were picked up at the train station in the middle of the night. Special props to Ali, the night front desk manager, Diana, and Rachel, the general manager, who were so very welcoming, friendly, and helpful during our stay.
We did not have our own transportation to visit local colleges, so the staff made the hotel shuttle available to us on several occasions. It was great to have a simple breakfast everyday, and although we didn't take advantage of it, the coffee was always hot and delicious.
The rooms were simply decorated but very spacious and comfortable. Compliments to Sherry, our floor attendant, who was extremely helpful and courteous when I locked myself out of my room.
All in all, it was a great experience. If my daughter decides to attend college here, this will be our home-away-from-home.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express Poughkeepsie is a newly renovated hotel, located in the heart of the Hudson Valley. The upgrades have been specifically designed for the modern day traveler and family who need modern efficiency without sacrificing comfort. As always you can enjoy our complimentary, deluxe hot breakfast in the newly renovated Great Room. Connect with family and friends or get all of your important work done without any hassle by using the complimentary, high-speed wireless Internet. Enjoy your daily workout routine with new Lifefitness equipment in the 24 hour fitness center. Guests can enjoy the new features in the rooms such as: 6 USB ports to charge all your devices, new 50 inch flat screen television, and furniture designed for the modern day traveler. Each room has a refrigerator, microwave, and Keurig coffee machine. As always the plush bedding will ensure you get a rejuvenating night’s sleep. Guests visiting the area for business or pleasure can enjoy the convenience to the popular destinations such as the Culinary Institute of America, IBM, Vassar College, Marist College, and Vassar Brothers Medical Center. While visiting the scenic Hudson Valley, guests should make plans to see sights like the Walkway Over the Hudson, Frances Lehman Loeb Art Center and the Samuel L. Morse home at Locust Grove. Enjoy live entertainment at The Bardavon Opera House, Chance Theatre, and Mid-Hudson Civic Center, located only minutes from the hotel. The hotel is also a great location when venturing out to Historic Hyde Park and Rhinebeck which host the Franklin D. Roosevelt Home & Library, Vanderbilt Mansion and Eleanor Roosevelt Park, and Dutchess County Fairgrounds. Enjoy the convenience by taking the Metro North Train into Grand Central Station in New York City. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Poughkeepsie reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Poughkeepsie Hotel Poughkeepsie
- Holiday Inn Poughkeepsie
- Poughkeepsie Holiday Inn Express