“Great Place to Stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 13 Hotels in Poughkeepsie
Long Beach, New York
“Great Place to Stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

The Poughkeepsie Inn served us well. We were displaced from Hurricane Sandy and needed a pet friendly motel as our house was badly damaged. The staff was very accomidating to myself and my family and the price was very reasonable.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Victoria F

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Poughkeepsie
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

Beds comfort was good.
We were 2 couples and bathroom was not suitable.Not enough bath towels,shampoo,etc
Cleanliness inside was inadequate.
Outside was correct.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

3 Thank Daniel A
Phoenix, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

The owner was very nice but that didn't make up for the condition of the hotel or the outdated rooms. The mattress was uncomfortable and had what looked like blood stains all over it. The bathroom had poor ventilation and the room would get very muggy after a shower. There was also black mold on the bathroom ceiling. The breakfast was bagels and Entenmanns donuts. I would recommend you stay there only as a last resort. Spend a little extra and stay somewhere nicer.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Eric H
New Haven, Connecticut, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

Keep in mind, we came up to Poughkeepsie for one night...
The website makes this place look wonderful for the price, but it's almost completely different when you get there. My sister, her friends and I arrived and were questioning whether it was the place we had reserved. I decided to check in to make sure. After I check in, I walked outside and found a guy spraying the front window with a hose and he got water all over me and didn't even acknowledge I was there. Then, we go to our room, not realizing that it was a motel feel where you drive up to your room. We enter the room, not thinking it was too bad until we lifted the sheets and found remnants of food and hair pins and a stain.The bathroom smelled horrible as well. As we debate about staying there we notice three young kids enter the room next to us, they stunk of pot. Then we go to grab something to eat nearby and ask a waitress if this "inn" is okay to stay at. She didn't even have to say anything, her facial expression said it all. So we went back immediately (during our dinner) and attempted to get our money back. As my sister packs up the car, I go to the front desk and explain nicely to the receptionist that this place is not what I expected and that our room is dirty. She tried to convince me that I couldn't get my money back because we have been renting the room for more than 15 minutes (whatever!). I explain to her again what I saw, she pauses and goes to a back room to talk to someone for some time. She then comes back and says she will void the charge, but she also wants to take pictures of the mess. She said she supposedly has issues with the housekeeping employees. So here I am two nights later and I look up my credit card account and it's NOT voided so now I have to waste more time tomorrow on this h*ll hole to get my money back. DO NOT stay here. By the way, we stayed at the Courtyard Marriot (right down the street) for $70 more a night but it was well worth it.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
5 Thank Leah N
Ithaca, New York, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

Late on a weekday night, my 2 teenagers & I needed a room with a cot.3 other motesl either didn't have cots or were far too expensive.These folks were reasonable & accommodating. Air conditioning worked well and I slept like a baby. Coffee & donuts in the morning. It is an older motel but I found it clean and functional. PeteH 8/6/12

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Peter H
Melville, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

Do not stay here! Yes, it is in a great location and close to colleges but it is dirty. The rooms are old and are in dire need of renovation. Bedding is old, carpets stained, and bathroom smells like urine. I would have rather of sleep in my car! Never again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Silvie3
Sellersville, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2012

I have been staying here on a weekly basis for several years, and still find the rooms clean and renovated. The staff here is very helpful for whatever I might need. There is room for truck parking and several choices for food within walking distance as well as next door. Property is clean and access from route 9W is easy on and easy off.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business