All reviewslocust grovefront deskstarbucks coffeeroom was cleanhyde parkculinary institute of americafirst floorindoor poolwedding partyplenty of parkingvanderbilt mansionpoughkeepsie areahudson riverconvenient locationnew yorkone night staybistro
Reviewed June 8, 2010

AAA rate was good (116/night plus tax). This is a typical, middle-of-the-road Courtyard hotel. Location is good for visiting the area. Tried to sleep in on Sunday, but woken up at 8:30 am by staff talking in the hallway outside the door; also could clearly hear a baby crying in the next room as if he was in our room. Wi-fi was horrendously slow and useless. The entrance door for our part of the hotel was out of order.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank BobMyr
Reviewed May 2, 2010

My wife an I recently did an overnight trip to the Hudson Valley to visit the Culinary Institute of America and the other attractions nearby.

Our stay at the Courtyard Marriot in Poughkeepsie was excellent. The location was very convenient and local to all the sites the Hudson Valley has to offer.

The staff was polite and the room was clean and quiet. We had a king bed room that was complete a loveseat, desk, free wireless internet, and a great shower. The bed was comfortable, the room was not huge, but adequate.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 21, 2009

We had a very pleasant stay at this hotel. We were in town for five nights to conduct research at the FDR Library in Hyde Park, about 15 minutes north on Route 9. We asked for and received a microwave and fridge, then went over to a nearby Price Chopper and bought some breakfast and lunch items. We didn't bother with the hotel breakfast, which costs extra; but free coffee is available 24 hours a day. The room was quiet and spacious and everything was spotlessly clean. The front desk staff were as friendly as could be. We requested extra pillows and blankets and they were delivered almost immediately. I am not crazy about having the bathroom sink outside the bathroom, but at least in this case the bathroom, and the alcove with the sink, were right inside the entryway in the room so that the light in the alcove would not disturb one's travel partner if one had to use the sink in the middle of the night. The property is adjacent to the Samuel F. B. Morse home and gardens. The Morse site has beautiful walking trails. Speaking of exercise, the hotel fitness room was very clean and was equipped with two elliptical trainers, three treadmills, a stair stepper, and a couple of stationary bicycles. There were plenty of clean towels, and the drinking water was in good supply, as were cups, as well as disinfectant wipes. The pool area looked very nice; I didn't go in. We ate at the Red Lobster just south on Route 9 one night . It is an older restaurant in the chain but perfectly nice. We also ate at the Culinary Institute of America three times. Call waaaay in advance for reservations. It's a great experience to visit the campus and dine in any of the restaurants there. We also ate at the Artist's Palate in downtown Poughkeepsie, Excellent! I would definitely stay in this hotel again. I will say that the mattress, although comfortable enough, did not seem to be as plush as the ones I have slept on in other Marriott hotels. I note that the negative reviews of this hotel are quite dated; perhaps the hotel has been upgraded since the time they were written. I don't think guests will encounter any of the problems described in the 2003 reviews!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed October 14, 2009

I could hear the people next door all evening and then again early next morning. Noise level between room was terrible. Also there was a sewer smell coming from the sink. Mildew on the shower curtain also. I was not impressed and most likely will never stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 3, 2009

There didn't seem to be many reliable hotels near the Thruway. Lots of scary looking places with strip clubs next door. Even though we paid what I think was way too much ($180) for this hotel, I am still glad we shelled out to stay at the Marriott.
The hotel was nothing special and neither were the rooms. The sink is in its own hallway leading to the shower/toilet room, which I hate because it means you can't immediately wash your hands. It is also really loud if someone gets up to use the bathroom during the night, because there is no door to close off the sink (plus the light goes on over the sink). It is a bad set-up. I probably wouldn't stay here again, but there didnt seem to be much choice. Either really expensive B&Bs that require a 2 night stay, or super sketchy roadside motels. This was a decent in-between choice. Parking was at least free.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family