Holiday Inn Express Poughkeepsie(Poughkeepsie)
$127
HIExpress.com
$95
$87
$90
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $100/night.

$131
Hampton.com
$169
$185
$209
$106
Mercury Grand Hotel(Poughkeepsie)
TripAdvisor
All reviewslocust grovefront deskstarbucks coffeeroom was cleanhyde parkculinary institute of americafirst floorindoor poolwedding partyplenty of parkingvanderbilt mansionpoughkeepsie areahudson riverconvenient locationnew yorkone night staybistro
Reviewed July 13, 2009

As a Marriott Rewards member, we typically stay at Courtyard by Marriott since the service, cleanliness, and ambiance are very consistent. Got a AAA rate of $116/night but have to say we were disappointed in this property for a one night stay, with several problems encountered that were disruptive. In Courtyard fashion, the regular king room was not very large, but sufficient for the two of us, however, I don't care for the sink location outside of the bathroom. The room was very clean and up to standard otherwise which is obviously important, but we discovered no remote control for the TV and called to have one brought up. Second, the air conditioning system (no thermostat) was quite noisy shutting on/off and you really couldn't do much to control the temperature. Third, there was a wedding party staying at the hotel - upon check-in I observed information about shuttle service to the event. That should have been my cue to ask if my room was going to be amidst the wedding party, but I didn't. Mistake. About 1:30 in the morning, we were woken by loud shouting in the hallway which continued into the adjacent room; fortunately they must have passed out because the noise abated. I think that if the hotel knew we were not in the wedding party they should have placed us elsewhere without having to be asked - I don't think the hotel was fully occupied. Obviously, between the A/C and the shouting it wasn't a great night's rest. Finally, about 9 AM as we were still preparing to check out, the fire alarm went off - called the front desk and were advised of a smoke condition in the kitchen (not harmful to the rooms) and the alarm stayed on for about 15 minutes until the fire department arrived. On the plus side, the location was convenient to our visit to Hyde Park attractions (the reason we booked here) and nearby restaurants, including Dunkin Donuts if you prefer to skip the hotel's breakfast. Based on our stay I would only recommend this property with some reluctance given the alternative - due to reading a recent review of the nearby Hampton Inn & Suites where the guests say they accepted a dirty room and were forced to clean it themselves; the Courtyard is obviously preferable, especially if you can secure a quiet room that I am quite sure will be cleaned for you.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 16, 2009

I was very impressed with the high quality of service at this hotel,the rooms were very clean ,linens were changed ,the tub was cleaned, there were extra towels . It's very quiet at night and the front desk staff are very helpful, and on the two occasions that we needed something it was sent up promptly. There is a red lobster nearby on Rt 9,south of the hotel, and there is an Ihop about 1/4 mile from the hotel. Another great place to eat is Hudson's on Rt 9 south ,about 8 miles from the hotel. Baby back ribs and seafood are their specialty and they do both very well. There is free internet access in every room and there is a business center where you can print directions and events free.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed April 11, 2009

The hotel is pretty good. Nice and friendly staff. When you check out ,you can get a free of cup coffee or tea at the coffee bar.
From an European point of view the location is not excellent, since you have to drive out of the city to get there. The swimming pool and jacuzzi are clean and very comfortable.
For dinner I would suggest going to the Coyote Grill next door (on the right). You can just walk over there. They have very nice dishes and excellent mojitos.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Pjotr69
Reviewed December 12, 2008

We have stayed here many times and have never been disappointed. Once we had a problem with a regular room and they upgraded us to a suite. The regular rooms are kind of small. We prefer to book the suite. It has a fridge and a microwave and a separate living area. The hotel is always clean. The pool and the hottub are nice. It is located near great restaurants and shopping. It is close to the culinary institute. The service has always been very good.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed July 14, 2008

I stayed here one night with my teenaged daughter on the way to dropping her off at college in Vermont, and then again by myself for another night on the way back a week later. My previous favorite -- the Kingston Marriott -- was booked solid, but it worked out well because the Poughkeepsie Marriott is a better choice in many ways. It's also cheaper.

The hotel is in great shape with nicely landscaped grounds and plenty of parking. Everything was clean and well-kept, and the breakfast buffet in the lobby area is very good for $10. The check-in and dining area service was quick, attentive, and efficient. The young man up front in both areas responded "absolutely!" to all of my requests for information and assistance. You can't get any better than that...

This is my new preferred stopover hotel for my trips to New England. Although located a few miles from downtown, there is a decent restaurant next door called the Coyote Grill, as well as some shopping malls up the road. Overall, a very good choice for a one-night stopover.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank chessie3315