“excellent service”

Courtyard Poughkeepsie
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Poughkeepsie
“excellent service”
Reviewed April 28, 2014

Asifa at the front desk was friendly and helpful. I would recommend staying here. Overall efficient, helpful, and friendly. We have come here before and will come again when in the area.
The pedestrian old railroad bridge over the hudson is nearby and is unique and the nearby diner and resturants make this a good getaway from the city.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Mike B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
  • Korean first
vermont
Reviewed April 26, 2014

Decorated in the new Bistro style- the lobby offered food and drink in the evening and breakfast in the am. The rooms were super up to date and clean. Easy check-in and very professional staff. 10 minutes from Vassar- We'll stay again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Amy M
Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed April 21, 2014

If you are looking for a great place to stay in Poughkeepsie, look no further than the Courtyard Marriott. It will be one of the nicest Marriot Courtyards that you might visit and the entire staff is incredible. I started staying there about 3-4 months ago. When I checked in, Asifa at the front desk, asked me how I was doing and I said Awesome! The next time I checked in, she said said " Oh your Mr. Awesome". Since then, when I check in, I am Mr. Awesome and the entire staff makes me feel that way. I call to set a wake up call and they greet me with " How can I help you Mr. Awesome". I called in to make a phone reservation and when the reservation agent heard my name she said " oh you're Mr. Awesome'. How does that make me feel? Great! I look forward staying here. Rooms are clean and nice sized. The beds are comfortable and the property is well maintained, even when the weather is bad. The small restaurant on site is great for a quick, tasty, affordable meal that doesn't break the bank. Highly recommend the BBQ Chicken Flatbread. Lori the manager, has been helpful and friendly and it is easy to see why the staff is so good as her leadership clearly sets the tone. This weekend I traveled back and took my wife and was greeted with a great smile and another Mr. Awesome from someone I never saw before. Mr. Marriott, should send a team to study Team Poughkeepsie as that have found the secret sauce of how to treat a guest and make them feel Awesome. Any place that takes the time to get to know the guests, treat them great every time, will get my highest recommendation and endorsement. Highest compliments to is truly great staff, Lori, Asifa, Latoya, Olga, etc... for creating a home away from home for work or play.

Room Tip: The Hotel doesn't really have spa services but the pool and exercise rooms are nice. I have sta...
Green Features: The hotel takes all environmental friendly policies seriously including binds for recycling in the rooms.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Tony S
Cape May, New Jersey
Reviewed April 9, 2014 via mobile

Great stay! Nice, clean atmosphere. Staff was very friendly. We are rewards members and were upgraded to a suite. The computer reservation had us in a handicap room. She recognized the mistake and upgraded us. Highly recommend a stay here. Could not take advantage but, they have an indoor pool.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
POUCH1988, General Manager at Courtyard Poughkeepsie, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete our Guest Satisfaction Survey. We are delighted that your stay with the Courtyard Poughkeepsie was enjoyable.

Pittsburgh, PA
Reviewed March 31, 2014

Here for 3 nights for business. Check in experience was good, they had my rewards number on file so +1 for them on that. Lobby has the newer Bistro and the room I got had been renovated and included a microwave and dorm side fridge. Only one elevator - its on the north side of the building. My room was on the second floor of the south side so I had a choice a long walk or to tote bags up a flight. Not much food choice in walking distance and as others have stated access from NY 9N is a bit tricky. Overall a good, to good plus Courtyard. If there was a way to give it a 3.5 I would but I can't and this is not a 4.....

Room Tip: North side if you need an elevator. Avoid the zero floor.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
POUCH1988, General Manager at Courtyard Poughkeepsie, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
Thank you for staying with us during your recent business trip. Everything we do is aimed at making your stay comfortable and productive. Should you return to the hotel in the future please allow us to assign your room a bit closer to the elevator or lobby. In addition to our Bistro which offers breakfast, dinner and 24 hour Starbucks service. We prepare fresh food which is available in our 24 hour market along with a selection of beverages and snacks. Thank you again for staying with us.
NY
Reviewed March 19, 2014

We really enjoyed the recently renovated room. Service was great at the front desk and food bar. The beds were very comfortable. I was a little surprised to find no trash bin inside the bathroom, but it was okay, not a big deal. The business center was very helpful to us, and I was happy not to have to pay for printing. We can't wait to come back, especially since we didn't get a chance to try out the pool! The sitting area outside looks like it would be perfect for summer!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
POUCH1988, General Manager at Courtyard Poughkeepsie, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Thank you so much for staying with us . We truly appreciate your loyalty and look forward to seeing you in the summer to enjoy that outside patio!
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed March 17, 2014 via mobile

Stay overnight before catch my train back south. The hotel is next door to locus groove. The street in front of the hotel is quite a busy one. You need to go to two lights before you can turn around. However, the hotel itself is nice and quite. I didn't hear the traffic at all. The front lobby staff are very friendly, the check in only take a few minutes also check out.
The room is clean and nice. I have the first floor facing the court yard. Breakfast is nice at the bistro especially with Starbucks coffee they served. Train station only about 10 minutes away, also downtown.

• Stayed March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. Every thing we do is aimed at pleasing our guests and we are glad you enjoyed your stay. Metro North is truly convenient especially for guests coming from the New York City area. We hope to see you back in Dutchess County to enjoy all the wonderful historic sights and attractions!