“Eve of the Wedding stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Courtyard Poughkeepsie
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Poughkeepsie
Sylva
“Eve of the Wedding stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2012

My brother made reservations for our family to stay in Poughkeepsie next to the wedding venue. The hotel staff was friendly, accomodating, and helpful. The room was clean, no smell of smoke and comfortable. I am very pleased how Marriott always knows how to treat their customers. Never a surprise and always enjoyable.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank serenity2128

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
  • Korean first
New Haven, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2012

Spacious rooms that were clean and comfortable. Nice amenities. The staff was extremely polite and courteous, both at check in and throughout the stay. I love the look of the Courtyard lobby. Really, a great overall experience. The pool area and gym was well-kept and pretty good.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Holland, PA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

Courtyard by Marriott in Poughkeepsie was a great location for a long weekend
of touring the Hyde Park area. It is on the same road as Culinary Institute,
Franklin Roosevelt Library, the Vanderbilt Mansion and next door to Locust Grove,
Samuel Morse house. There are many other great places to eat nearby besides
Culinary Institute. Even though it is on a busy road, it is far enough removed so
it is quiet. The room was spacious with 2 double beds. There is plenty of free parking. All requests were accomodated, extra towels, early check in, etc.
Lobby staff and room maintenance staff were friendly and efficient. I would return
and recommend this property.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank wcu70
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

Recently, I called the Courtyard Marriott to make reservations for four days to attend a family wedding. The young lady that answered the phone, Kem Henry, was absolutely delightful! She was professional, helpful, friendly and likeable! Not only did she assist me in getting reservations for myself and my sister, but when I called a few weeks later to make a change, she remembered me and our conversation!!!

At 1AM in the morning after a long trip, when I checked in, there was this smiling young lady, Kem, to welcome me and check me in!

The hotel was very nice and I was extremely satisfied, but I have no doubt that the first impression that you get with Kem either on the phone or in person, let's you know immediately that you are in good hands and your stay will be great!!

Big Kudos to this young lady! Courtyard Marriott is very lucky to have her!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Patti R
Boulder, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2012

I was traveling on business and wanted to give the Courtyard by Marriott a chance. I usually stay at Hilton properties. This one was fine. I really like the new Bistro theme and modern lobby. I grabbed a healthy breakfast before my busy day working and traveling. But as far as the rooms... it was just average. The towels were kind of old and scratchy and it did not seem to be very well insulated. But it was a clean, comfortable place to lay my head and the internet was free.

Room Tip: one with a view of the courtyard and pool is better than the view of the street
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Cleveland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012

My husband & I stayed here Oct. 5-7 in rm. #250 with a king bed. I liked that the bathroom iis much larger than at the Residence Inns. The sink/vanity area are outside of the bathroom with the mirrored door closet across from the sink. I like that the bed is on the other side of that wall because the light doesn't bother the person still sleeping. We had a balcony with 2 chairs that faced the courtyard. We were away from the elevator but there is some light noise from the next room if they have their tv on loud or there are alot of people in there. The hotel is very clean. We were 10 minutes away from Marist College where our daugther was playing in a tennis invitational from Siena College. It is right on Route 9 and there are plenty of shopping center areas & an I-Hop up the street too. They don't have free breakfast here like Residence Inns, but they had a nice selection of things to purchase in the Bistro area. The front desk was friendly. The Residence Inn is just down the street from this hotel. They were booked up so we stayed here and were not disappointed. I pack my own soap because I don't think the Marriott's has any smell to it. That is my only "pet peeve", but a tiny one!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Vernon, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

We stayed at the Courtyard Poughkeepsie for two nights in October 2012 when we visited the mid-Hudson River Valley for our 10th anniversary. The front desk staff were very friendly and helpful as we checked in and they were able to offer restaurant suggestions when asked. The lobby was beautiful and modern. There were small groups of people in different conversation areas, some enjoying a drink, some enjoying the fireplace, others watching the baseball game on TV. Our room was very clean and comfortable. The room darkening shades were a huge plus! The hotel was centrally located for the attractions we wanted to visit and within safe walking distance to both the restaurant we had dinner at both nights and to one of the local historic sites (Locust Grove, home of Samuel Morse). Very often the water pressure at hotels is less than good but there was plenty of pressure and hot water for at least two showers each morning. The bed was very comfortable and the pillows were abundant. As close os the hotel is to busy Route 9, we didn't hear any traffic noise from our room which was on the second floor probably halfway into the hotel. We would definitely recommend this hotel for a visit to the mid-Hudson Valley.

Room Tip: we were given a courtyard room and told it was what people usually request - we were pleased
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple