All reviewslocust grovefront deskstarbucks coffeeroom was cleanhyde parkculinary institute of americafirst floorindoor poolwedding partyplenty of parkingvanderbilt mansionpoughkeepsie areahudson riverconvenient locationnew yorkone night staybistro
Reviewed May 9, 2012

Stayed here over the weekend for my brothers wedding. I was impressed the moment i walked in. The staff was courteous and helpful. Check in was a breeze. The room was clean upon arrival and the housekeeping staff was great. Extra towels and a extra blanket were quick to appear within minutes. The iron was not working in my room but I was able to grab an employee in the hall who quickly brought me a new one! The pool and spa was clean. Most of the time, my family had it all to themselves. Plenty of towels around the pool area. Free coffe was a bonus in the morning. The cafe was a little pricy, but there are alot of places to eat right up the street. When checking out there was a minor problem that was quickly resolved. I would recommend this place to anyone in the area. Great stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the back facing the woods. Very quiet back there
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 7, 2012

We had a large family gathering to celebrate our daughter's graduation from the Culinary Inst. of America. Sometimes our family can be a little boisterous, which can offend other hotel guests. We stayed for two nights and on our first night we were asked to keep the noise down several times. The next day the manager, Lori, approached us and offered a conference room for that night so we would not bother anyone else and the party could continue. She also found transportation for our large party to a local restaurant. She could not have been more accommodating. We will definitely be returning!

Room Tip: Our suite waqs roomy and very pretty.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 23, 2012

I stayed there two nights during a recent visit to Vassar College. It was a convenient location and relatively close to the college. The lobby was contemporary and comfortable. The lobby snack bar also serves as the cocktail bar in the evening. The hours of service are limited, and are posted in the lobby. I was led to believe that there was a complementary continental breakfast. However, I soon learned that wasn't true. There's a breakfast and snack menu. On the other hand, there are dining options very close to the hotel. A strip shopping center is nearby. There's also a nice indoor pool and jacuzzi.
The room was clean and the accommodations were very comfortable. The bathrooms lacked complementary lotion and shower caps. I liked the convenience of free internet in the room.
Overall, I would choose this hotel again for a return visit.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 23, 2012

My husband and I took a little getaway and decided to explore the Hudson Valley area. We only had Friday and Saturday so we didn't want to go too far up north. After spending the day touring historic homes, gardens and towns, we checked in at the Marriott Courtyard on route 9. The place was really modern inside which was so unexpected. They had a bar and restaurant in the lobby and alot of lounge seating for guests to socialize at. There was a huge flat screen with the news and another one near the reception desk. they had a boarding pass printing station and a decent business center.

The room was great too. Very clean and the sliding glass door and screen were cute. They opened to a small patio with chairs. We were on the first floor. The rooms all encased the courtyard area which had really nice comfortable outdoor seating areas for the guest to have coffee and read the paper in the morning.

The indoor heated pool and whirlpool spa were fantastic. And they were open from 6am - 11pm. There was also a 24 hr fitness center.
And the rooms have free wifi too.

The hotel is located in the business strip section of Rte 9 so every store or restaurant you could want is right there. We had Kobe Japanese for dinner which was one block away. The chef was very entertaining and the food was really good. They give you soooo much food!

For breakfast we went to Ihop down the road . That was really good too.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 6, 2012

We stayed for Hockey, again! Hotel was modern, clean & front desk very nice. My only complaint would be that they have their food area opened a little more often. They close at 10 am after breakfast and don't re-open until 5pm.

They had an indoor pool and jacuzzi and small fitness room. Located near many shops and restaurants.

Overall good stay. Would go back again.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family