All reviewslocust grovefront deskstarbucks coffeeroom was cleanhyde parkculinary institute of americafirst floorindoor poolwedding partyplenty of parkingvanderbilt mansionpoughkeepsie areahudson riverconvenient locationnew yorkone night staybistro
Reviewed January 8, 2012

I stayed at the hotel for one night while in town for work. The lobby and lounge were honestly the best part of the hotel. They had free freshly popped popcorn to enjoy while watching Thursday night football. The Starbucks cafe was also great in the morning for a quick fix before heading out. The layout of the rooms seemed odd and way too spread out. The rooms themselves were okay, very dark with views of the parking lot. Staff was friendly and helpful. Other negatives included not having an atm machine on site.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed November 29, 2011

Let me start by mentioning that we have stayed at a number of hotels in this area because of its proximity to a nearby college. Three of us recently stayed here for the first time. Our stay was for one night.

Check-in was smooth and the front desk staff was friendly. The spacious lobby included a fireplace with seating, and a bar/cafe area where Starbucks coffee, bar drinks, and limited menu items were available for purchase. There was plenty of seating available in the lobby to sit and relax. The decor was modern and pleasant.

Our room had a bit of a musty odor, which was disappointing. We had two double beds and there were three adults staying in the room. We had plenty of space in the main room. The beds were clean and comfortable. In the bathroom, the sink area seemed a little small with only one sink and somewhat limited counter area. It appeared that the space could have used a facelift, but it was clean and comfortable. I mention this only because it seemed limited in comparison to what we had experienced at some other nearby (and likely less expensive) hotels.

Two of us used the fitness facilities in the morning. The space was small and included 3-4 treadmills, a recumbant bicycle, a weight bench and free weights. There was a TV monitor on the wall and there were small individual monitors on some of the equipment. The equipment seemed new and everything worked well. Towels, sanitary wipes, and a water cooler were provided. Since we were the first to get to the facility in the morning, we had our choice of equipment, and our experience with the fitness center went well. Another couple arrived shortly after us, taking two other available treadmills, which left few options for anyone else who would have arrived at that time. We looked at the pool in the evening, but did not use it. It was small, but looked nice and several people were using it.

Although there was Starbucks coffee available for purchase in the lobby, there was also free coffee (another brand) available in the lobby in the morning. We appreciated the coffee. It was also nice to have a bar available in the lobby for the evening. This feature was not available in any of the other places we had stayed in the area. The bar/lobby was empty when two of us had an evening drink. We sat at a small round booth that included its own small TV monitor.

Overall, our stay was pleasant and we would return if the price was competitive with other places in the area at the time of our trip.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Dreamer21361
Reviewed November 20, 2011

I stayed here for 5 nights this month while taking a class at the CIA. The front desk staff was helpful and friendly, but that is the only good thing I can say about the hotel. My colleague had to switch rooms because her room was full of bugs. My room was completely 100% NOT soundproof. I spent all 5 nights tossing and turning because I could hear EVERYTHING my neighbors were saying(and doing). It was so loud I felt like we were in the same room! The bed was uncomfortable due to the fact that the sheets were cheap and itchy, maybe due to a very low quality laundry detergent? The heating system was extremely loud as well.
The lobby cafe doesn't open until 7 am. I went down at 6:30 the first morning and was quite surprised. Why even have a Starbucks cafe if it opens that late?
I wouldn't stay here again and I certainly wouldn't recommend this hotel to a friend.

• Stayed: November 2011
6  Thank FlyGirlHeather
Reviewed November 18, 2011

The Bistro concept put in during the recent renovation really elevates this hotel. The staff were all very friendly. Try the oatmeal for breakfast - it is outstanding! Starbucks coffee is also a very "nice to have"!

Room Tip: Back side of the hotel (opposite Rt 9) is VERY quiet.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank James S
Reviewed November 8, 2011

We stayed here for two nights last weekend. The lobby is beautiful (you can easily find pictures online), the rest of the hotel is ok. It struck me as an older hotel owned by someone else, and then the Marriotts came in and redid it in their style. The old doors are still there, the walls are very thin, and our moth-eaten shades seemed right out of the Carter presidency. Free wi-fi was good, our flat screen tv was great, the ala carte breakfast seemed nice (had they actually made our food promptly - unfortunately ours took forever and we had to leave before it was ever ready), and the parking was free. I didn't think it was worth $159 a night at all though, especially for this region (strangely, I got this rate on hotels.com, which was $20 cheaper than the Marriott site). I'd stay here again if the boutique inns were all booked (which they were for this trip)...but only if I was convinced this was the best rate for the quality in the area. I'm not sure I'm convinced right now.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple