All reviewslocust grovefront deskstarbucks coffeeroom was cleanhyde parkculinary institute of americafirst floorindoor poolwedding partyplenty of parkingvanderbilt mansionpoughkeepsie areahudson riverconvenient locationnew yorkone night staybistro
Reviewed November 20, 2011

I stayed here for 5 nights this month while taking a class at the CIA. The front desk staff was helpful and friendly, but that is the only good thing I can say about the hotel. My colleague had to switch rooms because her room was full of bugs. My room was completely 100% NOT soundproof. I spent all 5 nights tossing and turning because I could hear EVERYTHING my neighbors were saying(and doing). It was so loud I felt like we were in the same room! The bed was uncomfortable due to the fact that the sheets were cheap and itchy, maybe due to a very low quality laundry detergent? The heating system was extremely loud as well.
The lobby cafe doesn't open until 7 am. I went down at 6:30 the first morning and was quite surprised. Why even have a Starbucks cafe if it opens that late?
I wouldn't stay here again and I certainly wouldn't recommend this hotel to a friend.

• Stayed: November 2011
6  Thank FlyGirlHeather
Reviewed November 18, 2011

The Bistro concept put in during the recent renovation really elevates this hotel. The staff were all very friendly. Try the oatmeal for breakfast - it is outstanding! Starbucks coffee is also a very "nice to have"!

Room Tip: Back side of the hotel (opposite Rt 9) is VERY quiet.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank James S
Reviewed November 8, 2011

We stayed here for two nights last weekend. The lobby is beautiful (you can easily find pictures online), the rest of the hotel is ok. It struck me as an older hotel owned by someone else, and then the Marriotts came in and redid it in their style. The old doors are still there, the walls are very thin, and our moth-eaten shades seemed right out of the Carter presidency. Free wi-fi was good, our flat screen tv was great, the ala carte breakfast seemed nice (had they actually made our food promptly - unfortunately ours took forever and we had to leave before it was ever ready), and the parking was free. I didn't think it was worth $159 a night at all though, especially for this region (strangely, I got this rate on hotels.com, which was $20 cheaper than the Marriott site). I'd stay here again if the boutique inns were all booked (which they were for this trip)...but only if I was convinced this was the best rate for the quality in the area. I'm not sure I'm convinced right now.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 20, 2011

Reservation was placed through travel agency for my company in Ma. It was conviently located on Rte 9. We were tired from long drive so to be checked in quickly was great. I had previously requested a firm bed and a frig which were both there when I arrived at my room. I found the bathroom was spotless. The Flat screen TV was larger than it had to be and worked fine. Even the iron worked good. It was an average room for an overnight but I slept well and my wake up call was on time. They offered a decent selection for breakfast with free coffee. Ideal for business.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 16, 2011

Stayed one night this week after a stay in Kingston at a competitor's property. Comparison is stark. We stayed on ground floor in front. The corridors and room smell like stale disinfectant. Had to open windows for fresh air but the road noise kept me awake most of the night. Desk help friendly. New lobby looks very nice but the rooms could use an updating.

There was NO paper in the room, tv channel list, local info, just the bible. Nothing except the paper in the lobby. For us non-pc folks, not much help with local acclimation.

Ask for room in back or on interior courtyard if road noise an issue. Would go elsewhere on any future trip.

Room Tip: To avoid road noise, select interior or back room.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple