We booked a night at this hotel on booking.com but never ended staying there. The price was $149/night + Taxes. We accidentally booked a smoking room on booking.com (not sure how, but that is what showed up on the reservation at the hotel). The hotel was not able to move us to another room because they didn't have any available. We took the keys, went to the room, and within 30 seconds of being there we decided that the cigarette smell of the room was too overwhelming for us to endure the entire night. We went to the front desk and requested a refund. The told us to contact Booking.com first but it shouldn't be an issue. We called booking.com, reached a live (U.S. based) person immediately, and within 5 minutes they had called the hotel manager and negotiated a full refund. Needless to say, I was very impressed with booking.com.
I can't attest to the non-smoking rooms, but the smoking rooms at the Clarion were pretty bad...
We ended up staying at the Courtyard Marriott in Fishkill for $159/night + Taxes which was great.
Hope someone finds this helpful.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire and TripOnline SA so you can book your Mercury Grand Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clarion Hotel Poughkeepsie
- Clarion Hotel And Conference Center
- Best Western Poughkeepsie
- Poughkeepsie Best Western