“Poughkeepsie Super 8”

Ranked #9 of 13 Hotels in Poughkeepsie
Brooklyn
“Poughkeepsie Super 8”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Room odor was horrible...carpet in room and hallway were dirty. Clean the hotel is a good start to a better stay. I stay at many Super 8 and never experienced this kind of conditions. Bed sheets seemed to be clean , however, the pillows were flat and small for the King size bed. The blankets were old and shredding. Not a good sleeping experience.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

1 Thank palacemama

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Oswego, New York
Reviewed September 2, 2013

About 3 to 4 weeks ago we booked a motel by phone for 2 nights in Poughkeepsie, N.Y. with plans to take the train into NYC to attend a Yankee game. The motel we called "Poughkeepsie Inn" (a deceiving photo on-line) the person told me that they only had 3 rooms available at that time for $100 per night. When we arrived this past Friday I think they meant only 3 rooms out of 30+ were booked. We had looked to see what their rating was when we called which was 2.7 or 8 out of 5. I realized when we saw this place it should have been rated a -1. It was so run down except for the Lobby which was the only picture on-line. I got on the phone and called near by motels to see if we could find another room. We were saved by a manager at the Super 8 which I found in the local phone book yellow pages. The person at the Poughkeepsie Inn would not let us out of our booking so we told her we were definitely only staying one night which was very hard to sleep in a room like we had. We were also told at check in that if we wanted to use the refrigerator it was a additional $5.00 charge and if we were to use the microwave there would be an additional $10.00. The manager at the Super 8 that I called (Neil) was very nice and allowed me and the wife of the other couple to check out their rooms before we booked it.
When I looked on the Super 8 website I could not believe it was rated a 2 out of 5, it was 5 times better than what we previously booked. Thanks to Neil we were able to SLEEP very well. I want other people to know that this Super 8 was a good place to stay, we would recommend it and will use it again. Thanks Neil for being our life-saver. Marianne

Room Tip: Rooms were neat & clean, employees friendly.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Marianne D
Urvi7, Manager at Red Roof PLUS Poughkeepsie, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
Dear Marianne, Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. Our guest satisfaction means everything to us. We hope to have you stay with us again.
Thanks,
Neil
Lincoln Park
Reviewed August 20, 2013

For the amount that I paid I would have expected a little bit better. First the smoke smells in the hallway were very strong. Our room door was open and the bed was made but the limp pillows were just thrown. I tried to call the front desk but no one answered. I called to ask for another set of towels since there were 2 of us and only 1 set was in the bathroom. Luckily the cleaning staff was in the hallway and I did receive the towels. The whole place needs new carpet and updated facilities. The breakfast was not something to rave about, I wouldn't have cared if I was able to get coffee at least. We had to ask for cups and then to find both pots of coffee were empty. We ended up leaving the breakfast area and return to our room to pack up and leave for a cup of coffee and breakfast.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

1 Thank Jean K

Travelers are raving about these Poughkeepsie hotels