“Ice cream and good food”
Review of Mapleview Cafe

Mapleview Cafe
Ranked #3 of 5 Dessert in Poughkeepsie
Cuisines: American, Fast Food
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
mamaroneck
“Ice cream and good food”
Reviewed September 9, 2012

I love this place and can’t get enough of it. First the staff is very friendly and nice, some just work there and some own the place and I have never had a problem with any of them.
Yea it has a limited menu for food but the food is great and the place is clean. I have had the taco (chicken or meat), nachos grandee, hot dogs, burgers, and burrito, side dish of chili (his is not spicy just the way I like it), and the grilled chicken and vegetable special. All of them were done to perfection and I have had repeats on many of them and cannot complain about any of it. Just this past weekend we tried the eggplant fries with a side dish of sauce. OMG! Never had them before and they were to die for, I give that one a 10 out of 10. The staff is ready to change your order to what you want, not a cookie cutter place like most places.
Now for the ice cream I have had many of the flavors all hard ice cream and they were great. The size portion is a regular scoop and it is enough to keep you happy. By the way → Just recently they offer an apple pie ice cream, which I had with camel sauce. The ice cream was awesome but I did not care for the caramel sauce on it (it was just me because my family member had it with it and she like it that way.) Next time I get it with just a little hot fudge on it. Wife had the pumpkin ice cream and I tried it and like that one also.
They have outside seating under trees and umbrella’s. A nice kids place with rides some cost a .25 some free. Rarely when I have been there did I see I kid not cry when they were leaving the place. They also offer inside seating at clean tables. By the way you have to check out the bathroom never seen that before but if I owned a place that is what I would have in my bathroom.
In short if you love ice cream like I do or just want a quirky place to eat away from the cookie cutter restaurant or diner this is the place for you and your family. PS They have doggie ice cream to for your pet.

• Visited September 2012

Poughkeepsie, NY
“Rainbow Choo-choo Ice Cream Fun for the kids!”
Reviewed November 5, 2011

Debra T's is a very kid friendly and creative ice cream and sandwiches restaurant between rtes 44 and 55. During the hot summer months its "the" place to go with children for a frozen or fried treat. After placing your order from menus with many, many choices your kids can go play on a rainbow wooden train with engine and 3 cars or the large red wooden firetruck while you watch from your picnic bench vantage point. There are also several small coin operated carnival style rides all enclosed by a fenced in yard so losing children to the parking lot is not a problem. The ice cream is Perry's but there are many sauces and toppings for all favorite styles of ice cream treats. You and the kids will love it! We have for many years....

• Visited July 2011
2 Thank G3G
Poughkeepsie, New York
“The ice cream satiates but the service leaves something lacking”
Reviewed June 30, 2011

As a college student my friends and I come to Debra T's to hang out during our summer breaks. Its a nice place to enjoy some ice cream and talk with friends. The outdoor eating area has a family-friendly atmosphere. The hours aren't that great but they're not bad either - they close at 9pm or 10pm each night and aren't open on certain days.
The ice cream is pretty good, I haven't tried the other food in years but I remember enjoying the waffle fries.

The place is on the pricey side. Recently, each time I have ordered ice cream I have been charged a different price than the previous time for the same item. After finally asking what the actual price of my ice cream was I shockingly found out that the price on the menu was not the same price as what I was being charged (adjusting for tax). I was told with an attitude that the hard and soft ice creams have different prices, but no where on the indoor menu does it say this. Granted the difference was only about a dime, its the principle of having misleading prices that warrants no future returns by my friends or I in the foreseeable future.

• Visited June 2011
Staatsburg, New York
“Have you not tried the food?”
Reviewed July 19, 2010

LaBamba Burger is amazing! Potato salad is scrumptuos (Thanks Jim)!, the salads are large! Kid-friendly menu. Prices are reasonable for freshly prepared food.

Wappingers Falls, New York
“Love this place - great children's sundaes and it's so close to the drive-in!”
Reviewed June 17, 2010

Debra T's is the most convenient place to get food & ice cream before going to the drive-in movie theater, located nearby. It is a bit pricey, but the children's sundaes are the perfect size for me and they aren't too expensive. They come in a bunch of varieties, one that looks like a clown and one that looks like a mouse :)
The decorations in the place are a bit too much but I think a child would love it. I like this place because it is one of the only family-owned cafes in the area.