Residence Inn by Marriott Poughkeepsie
$159
Good 3.5/5
$79
Good 3.5/5
Holiday Inn Express Poughkeepsie(Poughkeepsie)
$127
$119
Very Good 4/5
All reviewsbasketball courtfull kitchentwo bedroom suitered robinlonger stayyoga roompots and pansindoor poolpull out bedkitchen areahot tubgreat amenitieswafflesparking lotan extended stayhome away from homeextra pillows
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 6, 2012

Very comfortable, friendly staff, and nicely appointed rooms with full kitchens. At this price point, I'd normally expect a continental breakfast. This was a full, hot breakfast--fresh eggs, sausages, home fries, and waffle maker added to the usual continental selections. Other little details such as free & reliable Wi-Fi, new TVs with HD service and good channel selection for the kids also made a difference. The adjacent shopping center (great diner, and a Red Robin next door) is also a nice option if you don't feel like getting into your car for dinner--plenty of options within a minute or two if you want to drive. The indoor pool & hot tub were clean. I didn't swim, but my daughter did find the water temperature of the pool to be a little cold for her liking.

Our travel plans required a lot of "downtime" at the hotel, which made this an especially good choice for our family.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 21, 2012

Staff is very friendly and accommodating. Great hot breakfast includes fresh fruit. Rooms well appointed and clean. Good location within walking distance to restaurants and stores. Pool, exercise room and yoga classes offered on site. Hotel has recently undergone a complete renovation to upgrade and refresh rooms. Bed was super comfortable. Liked it so much I purchased the same mattress for home.

Room Tip: Rooms on south and west get sun all day. Be thorough in explaining your room and personal preferences to the staff and they will do their best to accommodate you.
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank ChiefStarGazer
Reviewed February 23, 2012

I love Residence Inns so when we decided to visit Hyde Park I opted to stay at a Residence Inn rather than something unknown. The hotel was very comfortable with a nice indoor pool and exercise room. We had a studio suite with a nice comfortable bed and a separate sitting area and kitchen. Breakfast was good -- eggs seemed like they were made from a mix but the muffins were great. The hotel was around 10 miles from the national park sites in Hyde Park and were near movies, restaurants, and Barnes and Noble.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank flo220
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Have stayed here frequently when we have visitors. They have an indoor pool that the kids always love.

• Stayed: June 2011
Reviewed February 11, 2012

Check-in was fast and friendly. It was taco night the day I got there. I'm not a fan of tacos but the salad was good. It seems like a very busy hotel. There was always someone getting on or off the elevator and when I looked out of my window, it seems all the parking spots were taken. I was upgraded to a one-bedroom so I had a little room to spread out. I did not find one speck of dirt in my room. The bed was comfy so I had a good night's sleep. There's a ton of food for breakfast but for some reason, the setup seemed a little out of sorts where I was going in circles to find something! Maybe it was me, who knows. I definitely would stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business