“Maybe in the summer??”

Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
NY
“Maybe in the summer??”
Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

Beautiful location. Parking tight. As others have said....the noise level is VERY high. Would not recommend eating in the bar area. It was bad enough in the dining room. Wonderful bread, Caesar salad was very good and enough for three to share. Our wonderful waitress, Lauren, suggested that. Swordfish was OK, not spectacular. Braised short ribs were tasteless IMHO. My friend enjoyed hers. Others have complained about the service but Lauren was very attentive. Will give it another try when the weather warms. The outdoor seating looks very nice and view is awesome.

Hopewell, New York
“I will never know any different”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Stopped in for lunch on Sunday around 2:00pm. The restaurant was maybe 1/4 full. We were seated and discussing the menu options. We kept waiting to be approached by a server and while several walked by our table none acknowledged us. We were not offered water, drinks, not even a "I'll be right with you" nothing. I counted no less than four servers walking around. We looked around and noticed other tables with people turning their heads looking for the wait staff. So after ten solid minutes of being ignored after being seated we decided we'd had enough of the Ice House. We put on our coats and walked out, again never being acknowledged by any of the employees.
The hospitaility business is about service and this establishment clearly doesn't understand this simple concept.

1 Thank optiman32
Poughquag, New York
“Great view, decent but expensive food, and extremely loud”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

My family of 4 had dinner at this restaurant during the St. Patrick's weekend. Luckily, we made a reservation because we were immediately seated, while 2 other parties had to wait for a table. The restaurant was very busy (both bar and dining room were packed). I found the place really loud. I could barely hear the music, it was more the patrons in the bar and in the dining room. We had a booth on the top tier in the dining room, and I had to yell to talk to my kids on the other side of the table. Nice design, there are 3 levels of seating, so every level has a good view of the river, and the location is very close to the water. I am looking forward to the summer, as it looks like they will offer outdoor patio seating (even closer to the water than the restaurant). The food was not bad and it came out fairly quickly. Our waitress was very nice and stopped by every once in a while to see if we were doing okay. We ordered the pan seared scallops and steamed mussels for appetizers and I had the NY Strip steak and my wife had the Bouillabaise. The restaurant offers a kids menu, so my kids were happy with their dinners. The cost was a bit expensive (and we did not order any alcohol or dessert), but overall the restaurant was semi-upscale so I can agree with the higher price. I would have gave it an extra star if the noise level was not so high (ie. let's just say, it felt good to walk outside after dinner as it was so quiet outside).

Pine Plains, New York, USA
“This Rating Based Entirely on the Service (Or Lack of Service)”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

It is pretty rare for me to leave a restaurant but there are limits. My terrible rating is based on the fact that after being seated we never had contact with anyone working at Ice House.

The restaurant was not busy and it was inexcusable to sit as long as we did (we should have timed it).

The restaurant has a really great location, right on the water. There is a large area outside that will be great when the weather warms up. For that I might give them another chance.

1 Thank NYBrownsFan
Beavercreek, Ohio
“Beautiful views”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Went here to celebrate a birthday dinner for my Mom. We sat in the dining area. The views from the restaurant were incredible. We preferred which was a step up instead of the tables right next to the windows. Because we were a step up we still had a nice view of the river. Our server was very good. They pour very generous glasses of wine and the recommendation for the wine was right on. I had the seafood macaroni and cheese. It was good. My desert was OK, bread pudding with blueberries. I had a corner piece so it seemed dry to me. I would not order it again. The owner came over and checked on us plus they gave my Mom a birthday card. The service overall was great. The only negative that needs to get fixed is that the sun, as it was setting, was shining right in our faces. You could not look straight ahead. On the upper windows they should put solar shades in. The son shining in your face does not last forever but it is very annoying when you are trying to enjoy your meal. I am sure once the weather gets nicer the outside patio will be packed. One other note at this time they can only serve wine and beer. They are trying to get a full liquor license.