“Best Sushi in Poughkeepsie”
Review of Akari

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Akari
Ranked #105 of 292 Restaurants in Poughkeepsie
Cuisines: Sushi
Reviewed December 11, 2012

If you're looking for great Sushi, you have to try Akari. My husband and I go there almost every Friday night for dinner.

The staff is super friendly and very attentive; the restaurant is clean and kept up well. They originally had a very, very small area to eat, but they have expanded into the next room so there is plenty of space. They've also expanded their drink menu to include alcohol. The food is absolutely fabulous. The sushi is so fresh! Our favorite roll is the Angry Dragon roll. Each time we go to Akari, we try a different roll and we have never been disappointed.

If you really want the best sushi, you have got to go to Akari!

Reviewed June 6, 2012

Best Sushi place in town. I drive from Beacon , NY each week for my sushi - sashimi deluxe fix. The sushi masters know their art and surprise me with the presentation each time. My wife who is a veggie, likes the AAC roll and the noodles.

The service is impeccable- there are 2 servers- guy and a gal, both are very sweet and respectful. The best part is they recognize you on repeat visit. The prices are decent . The fish is always fresh- I have been there umpteen times and never been sick or landed with a upset stomach. We just love this place and I wish they open a branch in Beacon or move their establishment close to home.

1  Thank Traveller_savvy