“Beautiful dishes served by knowledgeable staff”
Review of New Ichiban

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
New Ichiban
Ranked #68 of 295 Restaurants in Poughkeepsie
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed September 3, 2012

Don't be put off by the strip mall location. This place is a gem!
Enjoyed very creative sushi and cooked dishes. The waitstaff was attentive and very knowledgeable about the contents of the rolls and the quality of the fish.She even suggested cooked items that my preganant daughter could eat. Rolls can be customized to your preferences
Special candles and mochi for a birthday celebration also.
Great evening!

Reviewed June 1, 2012

I am not a seasoned sushi veteran -- I have only dared to try a few items -- but New Ichiban is always fast, fresh, and friendly. I always have the same waitress, maybe because I'm often there for lunch on the weekend. She's welcoming and sometimes chatty, and engages my kids when I bring them.

I love their Miso, MUST have the recipe for their ginger dressing, and always enjoy the spicy tuna and whitefish rolls. The beef negimaki is also very good.

The atmosphere is simple but pleasant and they seem to have a lot of regulars.

Definitely worth trying if you haven't been. Enjoy!