Holiday Inn Express Poughkeepsie(Poughkeepsie)
$127
$201
$163
$144
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $160/night.

$199
Poughkeepsie Inn(Poughkeepsie)
No availability for your dates from these sites
All reviewsvassar collegeroom was cleanmain buildingindoor poolbagelsnothing fancylocation was perfectwaffle makerwould stay againmake your own wafflesfront desk staffstaff was friendlypleasant stayhudson valleyhyde parkyvonnenyc
Reviewed December 26, 2013

We stayed at this Days Inn for one night and everything was great. The staff was friendly and helpful, the room was clean, the pool area was nice, the breakfast was very good and the price was right. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
RupsonHospitality, Manager at Days Inn by Wyndham Poughkeepsie, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review!

We are so glad that you had a great stay and that you found our staff friendly and our facility clean and priced right!

We hope to host you again soon!

Reviewed December 25, 2013

The people at the front desk were lovely. The breakfast was good. However, the room was a dump. It was worn out and dirty. The heater's electrical outlet appeared to be broken. An extension cord went from the heater to another regular outlet. The extension cord had once been taped to the floor, but the tape was all dried out, and the cord was not secured. I am sure that there were several code violations going on there. I used the "fitness center." It was clean but the equipment was old and limited.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
RupsonHospitality, Manager at Days Inn by Wyndham Poughkeepsie, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2013

Hello and Thank You for the review. We are always happy to hear the thoughts and opinions of your guests. We are so glad that you thought that our front desk staff was "Lovely!" Our staff members work hard to make our guests feel at home.

We apologize for the extension cord to the unit in the room that you stayed in. It must have been a quick fix until the outlet was ready. We are having our maintenance department look into it to be sure that it was fixed properly!

We hope that you choose to stay with us again on your next trip to our area!

Reviewed December 3, 2013

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
RupsonHospitality, Manager at Days Inn by Wyndham Poughkeepsie, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2013

Reviewed December 1, 2013

I was very pleasantly surprised by the two-day stay I had here with my daughter, checking out the college, and found the daytime staff exceptionally helpful (also with directions around the area). We chose the hotel mostly for the location, a 4-min. drive to Vassar campus, and the price, but found that the amenities (clean, rather large pool, room with fridge & microwave, etc.) and also the breakfast were better than we expected compared both to some reviews and also to Days Inn properties we've stayed in elsewhere. Based on comments in previous reviews, I paid $10 a night upgrade for the "business" room in the main building (rather than taking the cheapest rooms in the motel structures surrounding the middle building). We were glad we did, as parking was still convenient and we found the room (2 double beds) quite large, clean, and comfortable, with free telephone calls also outside the area. An alert: the property has no elevator, and so although I had for the sake of my "bad knees" requested a second floor room, I ended up staying on the first floor quite near the lobby, across from the ice machine that made noise whenever used. But the receiving staff attempted to keep things quiet (turning the volume on the lobby tv off without my asking) and we enjoyed our stay and would recommend the place (esp. the main building) to anyone valuing an well affordable, clean, quiet, friendly place near the Vassar campus over a fancier hotel a longer drive away.

Room Tip: Be sure you ask for a main floor room, preferably away from the lobby, if you do not wish to or cannot climb stairs.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for the great review! We are so glad that you choose to stay with us while visiting Vassar College. It is so great to hear that you found our rooms “affordable, clean, quiet, friendly place!” We look forward to hosting you again if your student chooses to enroll in Vassar or when in the Poughkeepsie are!

Reviewed November 30, 2013

This hotel is in a college town, so you would think it was half way decent especially at their rates.

Our family travels quite a bit, and my husband and I business travel as well. I've stayed in rooms that appear to be in horror movies that are better than this one!
My husband made the reservation, however did not realize our room was an outside room two doors in from the street. It didn't seem like a nice section of town at all.
When we arrived the staff was not pleasant at all. I was taken back a little bit, but we proceeded to our room. To our surprise it was old, smelly, mold in the bathroom shower, and felt unclean. My children were uncomfortable and didn't want to stay. I went back to the front desk and I received no apologies, additional accommodations, referrals to the next closest hotel etc. I found a hotel close by and informed the front desk I couldn't stay, just then a man walked in asking for a room and the desk man said" I have one that just became available"and booked out our room. Meanwhile the other desk man handling my checkout (if you call it that) told me no refunds, and no apologies again. They could care less!!!!! My husband spoke to the manager when we arrived home and again no apologies, credits etc. They love to charge but don't like to deliver! I saw another unhappy review and they give the same line of crap, it's like they read from a script because they have issues regularly. Due to this experience I will never stay at a Days Inn again.
When I arrived at the hotel I booked after leaving this location, I was informed that there was another Days Inn not far from this one. What service. Terrible terrible Don't stay here!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Hello,

I am so sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with your room upon check in and did not stay with us. Please call me at your convenience so we can discuss your situation and we can issue a refund.

Linda