“some good, some bad”

Days Inn Poughkeepsie
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Poughkeepsie
Reviewed October 30, 2012

This was the only motel in Poughkeepsie that allowed 3 adults and 2 small children to stay in the same room with 2 double beds and a pack & play crib. It was nice to be able to park just outside our room for minimum luggage movement. However, our room was way too warm, although the heat was off. We had to use the airconditioner most of the night to keep things comfortable. As an overprotective grandpa, I sensed the room could have been made a bit more childproof. The open safe door, the low mounted heating control and the loose radiator cover concerned me for our 1 1/2 & 4 year old granddaughters. The compact bathroom had a shower, but no bathtub. The wifi worked well and the breakfast was basic, but adequate. The bed was smaller & harder than expected.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
RupsonHospitality, Manager at Days Inn Poughkeepsie, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

Thank you for the comment. I am so glad to hear that we were able to accommodate your whole family in one room! We do always allow two people per bed in the room and we do also offer rollaway beds and cribs as well. As mentioned we do have rooms with exterior corridors as well as rooms with interior corridors. This helps up to fit the needs of travelers with both preferences!

I am so sorry that you found the room to warm but am so glad to hear that you were able to cool it down with the air conditioner.

We look forward to hosting you and your family again for your next stay in Poughkeepsie!

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
RupsonHospitality, Manager at Days Inn Poughkeepsie, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2012

Reviewed October 30, 2012

Hotel staff especially helpful - particularly Kate!

Prompt service.

Breakfast very heavy in carbohydrates.

Room had ~musty odor to it.

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

I am so glad that our Front Desk Manager Kate was helpful to you during your stay! She is always a smiling face and a warm welcome for our guests every morning!

Reviewed October 29, 2012

I developed a couple of bug bites after my first night there in room 327. I became concerned when after the second night there I developed several more bites on arms and legs. When i looked on line the bites appear to be bed bug bites very itchy on underside of arm and inside of legs so definitely not mosquito, I slept at home the night before I arrived there so no chance of bites having happened before leaving California. I called staff the night after I checked out and worker said he checked mattress and found no signs of bugs. I am so sorry I didn't know to inspect mattress myself before checking out. I had to use a friend of a friend's Packtite "oven" to cook all my belongings when I got home. I'm very concerned that there may be eggs in my hair which I understand is rare but they can't be washed out. I hope you will treat that room so no one else gets this

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
2  Thank Andrew C

I am so sorry that you had gotten bug bites during your visit to Poughkeepsie. As you did inform the front desk of the situation after your check out our staff did check the room ourselves and we did call in a professional company to check the room also. Although there were no signs of bugs found in the room we did decide to treat the room anyway just as a precaution. I do hope that your bites have cleared up and you do decide to stay with us again for any future trips to Poughkeepsie.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

I checked into the hotel and one hour later the power went off. I went to Brandon at the Front Desk and he told me the proprty does not have a power generator. That is the reason I left the comfort of my home with my wife and my triplets, I told Brandon that your website dd not specify that detail information and it should be posted to let the consumer know of this. The manager was very rude and told me I can check out and he will not charge me. It was late afternoon and it was during Hurricane Sandy. I was at awed when he said this to me with no care in the world. I am in the hospitlaity business myself and you do not treat your guest in this fashion. I had no choice to leave and check out, they did not even bother to look for another hotel for my and my family especailly during hurricane Sandy. I will never stay in a Days Inn again or any hotel affliated with the Wyndham brand.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Edward C

I am so sorry that you were one of the few guests that were at our hotel when our power briefly went out during the recent hurricane. Our electricity did go off for about 2 hours during the entire storm. We do not have a generator to provide power during outages mainly because the electricity in Poughkeepsie rarely goes out in our location. In these situations we do let our guests check out at no cost if this is what they feel is the best for their family. I am so sorry that you felt that we did not handle the situation to your standards.

Reviewed October 25, 2012