“Clean, smoke-free, and convenient”

Days Inn Poughkeepsie
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Poughkeepsie
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Clean, smoke-free, and convenient”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2012

We needed a hotel for move-in day for my daughter's new college (Marist) and because she was a last-minute transfer student, we got stuck without a place near the campus. But this hotel was great and not too far out of the way. (It is closer to Vassar than to Marist.) We were in a room with a microwave and refrigerator, which would have gotten use if we had known. The room was clean and convenient to the lobby. The breakfast was standard for a Days Inn--which was fine. The room was smoke-free--and actually smelled like it!! All-in-all, a good stay. Not cheap, but an OK value for the cost.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
RupsonHospitality, Manager at Days Inn Poughkeepsie, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay while you moved your daughter into Marist College. We are 4 miles and about 10 minutes to Marist College. I hope that you choose to stay with us when visiting your daughter in the future.

Linda
Director of Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Rochester, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2012

My husband and I have stayed at this hotel for the past (I believe) 8-10 years. We come every year to Poughkeepsie for my husband's family reunion and wouldn't stay anywhere else. You can always depend on the consistency of the quality of the service staff and the cleanliness of the hotel. The free breakfast is very convenient before we take off for the day's activities.

Room Tip: My husband likes to stay in the main building so if that is your preference as well just request tha...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for the great review! We are so glad that you are such a loyal customer!
Brussels, Belgium
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2012

The hotels we stay in during this holidays keep getting better. We were allowed to stay with the 5 of us in 1 room by the friendly check-in clerk. With a matrass on the ground we were able to fiddle around and get a good night sleep.
Bathroom is a bit small compared to the size of the room.
Free breakfast is as usual nowadays with the same waffle machine you find everywhere...
Airco unit is powerful enough to cool down quickly.
Free wifi is fast.
Free parking.
Located at a quiet place convenient located next to the Vessar college.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Poughkeepsie
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2012

When days are very hot, as the 17th was and especially evening with a late check in, as we had, it is extremely disappointing to enter a room that is completely stuffy & hot, in which the AC had not even been turned on to a minimal level. It took over three hours before the room was comfortable enough to go to sleep.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

I am so sorry to hear that your room was not pre-cooled before you checked in. On hot summer days we do have a policy to pre-cool the rooms for our guests as well as in the winter we pre-heat the rooms. I am so sorry that your room was missed the day of check in.
I do hope that you choose to stay with us again!

Linda
Director of Operations

Travelers are raving about these Poughkeepsie hotels

Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2012

Had a need to come back to Poughkeepsie again and didn't consider any other hotel other than the Days Inn--as soon as I walked in I saw Darron was still working there @ the front desk. :-)The reservation wasn't in my name and I was really impressed that he remembered my name from last Fall. I can't say enough good things about his professionalism and customer service. The room was also great as before. No problems @ all and will def stay there again if/when I ever return to Poughkeepsie.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
, Manager at Days Inn Poughkeepsie, responded to this review, July 3, 2012
Thank you so much for returning to our hotel for your second stay in the area! We truly appreciate your return business!

We are so glad that you were impressed with Darron! He works very hard to make all guests feel comfortable and at home!

Newport Beach, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2012

Walking distance to my daughter's college, reasonably priced and clean rooms. Very convenient for Arlington shops, local diners etc.
Reception (especially Kate) and housekeeping staff all very friendly and helpful. Kate even found a bread knife for me so I could cut the home-made break I brought with me for breakfast. Hotel's breakfast was adequate if quite simple, plenty of hot coffee, cocoa and tea available all day.
The indoor pool is big enough to do the job, very clean, plenty of towels. Would be nice if it opened 6 or 7 AM rather than 9 AM (though staff did open it early for us once or twice).
Only negative comment on room would be that the very comfortable office chair and rather large desk are too tight a squeeze by the bed. A minor inconvenience, but perhaps a slightly narrower desk would work better.
This is definitely my "home" whenever I visit my daughter again.

Room Tip: Pool is located in the main building, so if you like an early morning swim ask for a room in this bu...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Avalon-Wine
, Manager at Days Inn Poughkeepsie, responded to this review, July 3, 2012
Thank you for the great review! I am so glad you choose to stay with us when visiting your daughter at college.

We are not only a few blocks away from Vassar College but we are also close to Marist College and Dutchess College!

We are so glad that Kate was able to help you out with a bread knife. Kate and the entire front desk team work very hard to provide our guests with great service.

Webster, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2012

We have stayed at the one in Fishkill, NY, but it pales in comparison to the one in Poughkeepsie because of not only location but also friendliness and service. The continental breakfast is better here and they have a pool (albeit small) right on premises. This is our prefered location when staying in Poughkeepsie area.

Room Tip: Definetly ask for a room in the main building. Some of them are Business Class.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Hamfamvaca
RupsonHospitality, General Manager at Days Inn Poughkeepsie, responded to this review, April 10, 2012
Thank you for the great review! We take pride in our staff and we all truly strive to make our guests experience as relaxing and enjoyable as possible. As you mentioned we do have an indoor pool, this past month it has been fully re-done including a total resurfacing.

We hope to host you again at the Days Inn Poughkeepsie!