All reviewsvassar collegeroom was cleanmain buildingindoor poolbagelsnothing fancylocation was perfectwaffle makerwould stay againmake your own wafflesfront desk staffstaff was friendlypleasant stayhudson valleyhyde parkyvonnenyc
Reviewed December 11, 2011

We stayed in the Days Inn for one night and the room was average. They did not give us any towels or toothpaste which I found odd. Also the wireless internet was very slow and kept disconnecting. The staff members were nice and quiet helpful with questions. I would say it is fine for a short stay. However, I did later read online they had a bed bug problem in the summer of 2011.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
RupsonHospitality, Manager at Days Inn by Wyndham Poughkeepsie, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2012

Thank you for staying with us at the Days Inn Poughkeepsie and taking the time to give us your feedback.

We sincerely apologize for the lack of towels in your room and not meeting your expectations. Housekeeping does put towels in each room every day for our guests. This must have been an oversight on your day of arrival. We will be sure to reinforce this with our housekeeping staff. I am so glad you bought it to the attention of the front desk host so they were able to get you towels right away. We do supply our guests with several items that are most commonly forgotten at the front desk which include toothpaste and toothbrushes, shaving cream and razors, mouth wash, and deodorant. These are available at no cost.

As for your bed bug concern, we have our rooms checked regularly and if anything is found we have a professional company come in to exterminate. Please be assured that the room is not rented to any guest until it is approved to be rented by the professionals. The comfort and security of our guests if our first and foremost priority.
We do hope that you choose to stay with us again!

Thank you!

Reviewed November 29, 2011

Our family of five stayed at the Days Inn for the Thanksgiving Holiday (Wednesday and Thursday). We picked this hotel due to the indoor pool and proximity to a family member. I have nothing but positive comments about our experience and stay. The desk clerk, a young lady, was very helpful and went our of her way to assist/answer questions. Her smiling face helped to welcome us after a 6 hour trip. The room was sufficient but not too fancy. The continential breakfast was fine for our family. The pool provided some "release" time for our children while I was able to use the fitness center. Initially I was told that the area was bad but after staying there I disagree.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group
RupsonHospitality, Manager at Days Inn by Wyndham Poughkeepsie, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2011

Thank you so much for the review! We are so glad you enjoyed your stay for the holiday. We would love to have you back next time you are in the area!

Reviewed October 21, 2011

The room was nicer than I expected it to be and the location was good. Having never been to Poughkeepsie before we were cluless about to where to eat and how to get where we needed to go. Darron @ the front desk was great! He checked us in, told us about all of the food options nearby and how to get there, gave us a card for the best local cab company, told us about the breakfast options down in the lobby the next morning and anything else we needed to know. Later on I interrupted his dinner to ask for an iphone charger and he went out of his way to find one for me and let me keep it overnight. I cannot say enough good things about his professionalism, customer service, and knowledge of the area. He is the main reason I would stay there again. The only negative was the area going up the steps to our room smelled musty and mildew-like but the smell was not in our room @ all. I would definitely stay here again if the need arose. :-)

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of your stay! We are so glad that Darron was able to help you out with all your needs. We take pride in our great from desk team and are so happy that they were able to make your stay exceptional.

Reviewed September 26, 2011

This hotel was the only one available for our wedding party since the others were booked with Vassar's Freshman Weekend. While reasonably priced, the rooms were less than appealing. All of our rooms were musty and stale smelling. Carpet was filthy. Bathroom was extremely small, hard to turn around in. Lighting fixtures didn't work appropriately. Bed was OK comfort wise, certainly not plush. The best feature of the hotel was the very friendly desk clerk who was most helpful. We would not return to this hotel - would rather travel from another town nearby.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Although the Days Inn is very close to my daughter's college, and convenient in that way, I recommend that you find another place to stay when visiting this area. My initial reservation couldn't be found upon check-in. Somehow, although I paid for our room in cash, my credit card was billed. The day manager told me "it's a bank problem" [but it wasn't]. Days later, when it still wasn't remedied, the day manager said the person who took the reservation made it for the wrong day. Eight days later, the overpayment was restored to my account and I was offered 15 % off my next stay. However, I had paid more for the night's stay than was advertised; they said "it was a busy weekend." It was my third time here, but I am now looking elsewhere.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Cafelover98
DaysInnPoughkeepsie, Manager at Days Inn by Wyndham Poughkeepsie, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2011

We are so sorry for the payment issues that you experienced during your stay. This brings us a good opportunity to explain how the process works.

When a guest checks in using a credit card an authorization is put on it right away. This authorization charge is slightly higher than the stay amount. This is done automatically through the computer system to ensure there are enough funds to cover the stay and any incidentals or other charges that may occur, for example telephone calls. At check out the credit card is charged the correct amount for the stay. Depending on the bank it takes a few days for the charge to change from the pending charge of the authorization amount to the actual charge of the correct amount.

In this case it sounds like a credit card was used to check in and then cash was used for final payment at check out. When this happens the pending charge will take a few days depending on the bank to drop off. For debit cards it does take a few days longer for the pending charges to drop. Debit cards also do hold the funds from your account for this period. It is important to understand what type of card you are using at check in and how it will effect your bank account with the procedures of authorizations.

I want to thank you for sharing your concerns with us as well as other customers. I do hope that you will return to our hotel next time that you are in the area and that you now understand the reasoning behind the billing issues you experienced.