“Very worthy place!”
Review of Brasserie 292

Brasserie 292
Reserve with OpenTable
Brasserie 292 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 276 Restaurants in Poughkeepsie
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Between Market and Academy
Description: Brasserie 292 combines the old-world charm of Poughkeepsie's historic Main Street district with a timeless, classic Brasserie fare. Diners can choose from a menu that boasts an impressive range of selections, from our Raw Bar to the Prime Boneless Ribeye, and includes a diverse wine and beer list. Once a popular garment destination, our inviting dining room has been transformed into a spacious haven that can accommodate over 80 people. We have a simple philosophy at Brasserie 292: use fine, local ingredients coupled with traditional cookery to create an incomparable and exceptional dining experience.
Poughkeepsie, New York, United States
“Very worthy place!”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

This is a rather busy restaurant, so would recommend to make a reservation. The decor is very nice - reminding similar restaurants in France. The service is very good and attentive. Food was very good: fresh and tasty, prepared as requested, and nicely presented. MUST point the "simple" French Fries that accompanied the steak I had (which was very good): they were sooooo good! Very thin cut, crispy on the outside and melting on the inside :) a real treat! as tasty FF I really had in Paris at a known restaurant! The prices are a little high, but as I always say: you're getting what you're paying for. If you're having a $13 steak - there is a reason for that... Recommended!

• Visited October 2013

Hillsborough, New Hampshire
“Paris, France, (think WWII) in downtown Poukeepsie, NY”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

So, go and imagine you are in Paris, circa 1945 (sometimes downtown Poukeepsie, NY looks like it should be bombed). White subway tile, marble floors, red accents, round booths, polished silver rails, fresh french baguettes of bread. France? Nope Brasserie 292.

This property is owned by the same owners as the Eveready Diner group. This is a step up... a giant step up. This is a classic french country style restaurant. Food quality is outstanding, well presented and perfectly prepared. You need to not be in a hurry. Brasserie 292 is not a quick place to grab a meal, it is a place you want to savor a meal.

We went on a recent trip to visit our son (a student at Culinary Institute of America). We (foodies one and all) enjoy dining out as much for the experience and time spent as a family as for the food. In this case, we had the trifecta. I could go into our dining choices, but no need. anything on the menu is outstanding. We fall for the Old Chatham Camembert every time as well as the artisanal cheeses and charcuterie just to get us started. This past visit (we have been twice before) we also had Blue Point oysters because they were donating proceeds to a charitable organization.

Entree selections are prepared and cooked to perfection. I seem to gravitate towards meat but the cumin crusted duck breast caught my eye and I was not disappointed. Loved it. Pan seared scallops and pork belly as well as the pan roasted cod are also favorites at the table but perhaps the best part... and I don't want to sound like its all about the alcohol.. but the barrel aged Manhattan's are sublime! Local NY bourbons aged in small barrrels for 90 days, or so. So very good.

Go and hearken back to a different era where service rules, food is plentiful and the meal is more than just a meal, it is a night in Paris.

1 Thank Brokenboat
Marlboro, New Jersey
“Nice dinner at Brasserie”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Service was superb. They were constantly filling our water glasses. Wait staff was very knowledgable. Note that no substitutions are permitted for side dishes with specials.

Visited September 2013
Andover, Massachusetts
“Great Burgers”
Reviewed September 28, 2013

We dined on a Sunday evening and while we had reservations, they really weren't necessary. Seated promptly and soon had water and bread. Some interesting dishes but what I went for was a burger. Just one of those nights when the thought of a juicy, tasty burger felt right. Gloriously, the burger WAS tasty and juicy. The brioche roll was very nice, piled with lettuce, tomatoes and bacon with a little green salad side and a humongous pile of french fries (shoe string - crispy - yum). For desserty - the caramelized banana tart - my mouth waters just writing that. A lovely evening with great food. Atmosphere was pleasant, it reminded my of an old railway depot but that was just me, my dining companion did not share that view.

“45 Minutes Really”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I have been there several times with clients and always been happy with the place. Yesterday I took a client there for lunch and still can't imagine how this happened
We were greeted and seating by two lovely young ladies. Water, bread and beverage were nicely presented. We ordered lunch and started talking business . I was just starting to wonder where lunch was when the server came out and told us they didn't get there delivery of mussels that morning.
45 minutes to tell us that. Now both the client and I are re-ordering scrambling wolfing and running , as lunch has now taken ninety minutes. A total disaster caused needlessly by simple neglect. The food was fine but who cares .
I heard the manager moved down the road to open a brew pub. Maybe I will take clients there next.

2 Thank Rivercityjoe