“Wow!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Large groups
Poughkeepsie, New York, United States
“Wow!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

Went there with a few friends to celebrate a birthday, and was hoping to have a nice entertaining night.... And I'm so happy to choose this place! The hibachi experience is so entertaining AND tasty! The cook was professional making everything exactly as requested - and we had a few requests: no salt, gluten free for one guest (well - she got her dish from the kitchen... And stated that the salmon was excellent! And was a very nice portion). For my birthday I got (for free!) a nice big plate full with fried bananas, ice cream, whipped cream,.... Yummy!!!!! See the picture :) again - very recommended! And planing to get there to try the other kitchen dishes, as all looked soooo good!

Poughkeepsie, NY
“Great lunches!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

I wanted to find a nice restaurant to bring my staff to in Poughkeepsie. I thought dinner at a Hibachi restaurant was a good idea. I ordered a lunch special on Monday to check out the quality of their food. It is fantastic. I've literally ordered for lunch every day since then. Today I got A Japanese Lunch box with beef teriyaki (medium) and it is awesome. It's only $10. I will definitely bring my staff there for dinner and drinks in the future. I encourage you to try it.

• Visited June 2013
Poughkeepsie, New York
“Shrimp and Steak Hibachi”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

We enjoy Kobe for both their Hibachi and regular dining room fare. Recently, we went with friends to enjoy Hibachi. As always, the chef was fun, happy and accommodating and made our visit fun and memorable. Our steak was cooked perfectly; some ordered medium rare, some medium and some well-done. The seasonings were so delicious! We love going there for celebrations and get-togethers. We'll definitely be back again.

• Visited June 2013
York, Maine
“Fun & Yum!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

We go here often and feel that it really is the best hibachi in the area. The staff is always friendly and service is great. The food is excellent and our family always leaves happy...a little too stuffed but happy!

• Visited January 2013
New York City, New York
“It was empty, and there's a reason for that”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

Visited Kobe for my boyfriend's birthday lunch, we were the only guests there aside from a trio that left shortly after we arrived.

My boyfriend had raved about this place before when he went on an office outing, but this time it was just bad. Then again, how much fun can hibachi be with just two people and a chef that would rather not look at you.

It was just so obvious that the guy didn't want us to make him do an entire hibachi presentation for two people. The food was okay, but it lacked the charm it normally has when you visit a hibachi place.

Summay: Meh!