“Food was decent, staff was cordial but.......”

Empire Cruise lines
Ranked #1 of 2 Tours in Poughkeepsie
More attraction details
Owner description: The Mystère is the first passenger boat to call Poughkeepsie homeport in more than 2 generations. Her new homeport is located in the heart of New York’s Hudson River Valley at the City of Poughkeepsie’s Victor C. Waryas Park. The dock is within walking distance to Metro North’s train station, the Walkway Over The Hudson, which is the longest pedestrian bridge in the world, and only minutes from the FDR Home and Library, Vanderbilt Mansion and so much more!We excel at group cruises and because we are a family run business you can be assured of the personalized service that is our hallmark. With our flexibility in service, attention to detail and our wide range of cruise options we can create a cruise package to suite your groups needs and our planner will work with you personally to create an itinerary that is sure to please all of your guests.For those lucky passengers who select a lunch or dinner cruise, our food service is the finest you will find on any tour boat on the Hudson. Meals are created by chefs from the Culinary Institute of America, and served by white gloved staff that will tend to all of your needs.So come aboard the 60 ft, double decked Mystère and experience the excitement of cruising under towering bridges spanning the storied Hudson River, glide past Gilded Age mansions and feel the cares and pressures of our hectic world melt away as we depart from the new homeport in Poughkeepsie.
Reviewed August 5, 2012

The show itself wasn't very good and I really struggled to hear part of it. :(. I did however keep myself occupied greatly when I couldn't hear or understand the show by enjoying the great views :)

I will say however, if I had read their previous reply to another guest who had not been happy with the cruise that I would not have given them my business as I fel the reply stating that they were professionals and how tons of other people kept coming back was in itself rude. The proper response in my opinion would have been an apology, which they never offered, not a paragraph about how great they were.

I am glad that I tried it the one time, and as I said, the food was decent, I had no issues with it, the staff were fine to my party, and the views were great, but I feel it's really a one time type of trip.....

1  Thank j g
EmpireCruiseLines, General Manager at Empire Cruise lines, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2012

Thank you for letting us know about your experience. We apologize that you were having a hard time hearing the actors.
Please let us know if you are coming onboard in the future so that we can make sure you have an enjoyable time!

Best Regards,
Stephenie

Reviewed June 3, 2012

We enjoyed our boat ride,but from where we were sitting, we could not hear the commentary from the skipper. We chose to sit in the shade, on the first level, in the very front of the boat. Ideal seating , except for the hearing problem. Our choice..we could have gone inside or up top in the sun. We enjoyed it.

Thank you for coming aboard with us and leaving such a nice review. We apologize that you were not able to hear the Captain on the first floor bow deck, though it is a wonderful spot to enjoy the views. The Captain or crew will gladly answer any questions you may have about the area, please do not hesitate to ask! We appreciate your feedback and will talk about how we can improve. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Warm Regards,
Stephenie

Reviewed October 27, 2011

We were referred to the Mystere by Poughkeepsie Visitors Center, and than you so much ladies, for the great referral!! It was absolutely what we wanted. No crowds, small yet comfortable ship, and a crew that cared. One thing......take the cruise to see sights. If you want to dine well, do it ashore at your pace at the Culinary Insititue of America, Brasserie 292, Il Barilotto or others. The Mystere is there to be a guide and cruise of the Hudson and they do it perfectly. Of course , have a beverage to enjoy, as it is a nice addition. Well timed, and their route is the best on the Hudson.

5  Thank LawsyCoronado
Reviewed October 24, 2011

We took the ride to go out and see the fall colors. Their website looked
great, but when we got to the boat, it was a different story. The boat is very
small and rocky. There was no parking and it was in a not so nice part of town.
I would use the other boats in Newburgh or Kingston.

3  Thank Traveling1202
Reviewed September 29, 2011

We had a very pleasant evening on the Mystere, a pretty little boat, cruising up the Hudson River from Poughkeepsie. The owner and captain as well as the staff was friendly and informative, the scenery lovely and the wine decent. The dessert was non-existent and the snacks limited but nonetheless we enjoyed every moment.

2  Thank quietseeker41