Best Western Plus The Inn & Suites At The Falls
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Poughkeepsie
Reviewed January 28, 2014

As is the case for most everyone else, we enjoyed our one nite at this hotel. Nice rooms, decent bathroom and fridge, very pleasant staff, larger than usual choice of breakfast items, bonus manager happy hour from 5-7 (I think). Only small complaint is the distance from town, down a road you'd never expect to find a hotel.

Room Tip: Room 213 in the corner has a nice view of the water
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Carol R, General Manager at Best Western Plus The Inn & Suites At The Falls, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2014

Joanie, Thank you for writing the review. The Manager's Reception is 5:30 to - 7:30 nightly. I agree we are 3 miles off busy Route 9 but our location is part of our charm. We are happy you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed January 25, 2014

We loved our stay at this hotel! It's located off the beaten path in a neighborhood setting, peaceful and quiet. We've been to Poughkeepsie a dozen times in the last 2 years and this is the best place that we stayed at. It is clean, comfortable and the staff is very accommodating. I was surprised by the many options offered for breakfast in the morning and coffee is decent. We've definitely found a new favorite place to stay!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Carol R, General Manager at Best Western Plus The Inn & Suites At The Falls, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2014

Thank you and we look forward to your future stays.

Reviewed January 21, 2014

Basically a decent hotel. My only complaint was that the floors were sticky, so don't walk barefoot. In addition, I asked for a room with a view of the waterfalls but I got a view of a stagnant pond in the midst of the summer in humid weather. Otherwise, it was alright. Everything was just that, alright and decent. The location is further away from route 9, the main strip but probably the place is quieter because of this.

Room Tip: I asked for a quiet room and that was exactly what I got. But the walk from the check in or main en...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank seamlesstravel
Carol R, General Manager at Best Western Plus The Inn & Suites At The Falls, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2014

Thank you for writing your review. I do apologize for a sticky floor. We pride ourselves for having a clean hotel, since your stay was months ago know that this is not a on going problem. I hope you have the opportunity to come back in the future to stay with us.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

Needed extra room when my growing family all came after the holidays. I was familiar with the hotel but never stayed there before Best Western took it over. I was pleasantly surprised by the beautiful lobby, nice size room and excellent breakfast. My granddaughter has a severe peanut, tree nut and egg allergy and still she had several breakfast options. Nicest thing about the hotel was the pleasant greeting when I checked in on the night of December 29. After checking out on the 31st I realized I left my Nook on the nightstand. I called about eight hours later expecting the Nook was long gone since I had not gotten around to putting my name on the case. I was happily informed that the maid found it, turned it in to the front desk and that the manager locked it in the safe to keep it safe. I picked it up two days later and was again greeted by the same receptionist who remembered me from check-in. Thanks to all for a very nice stay and for the confirmation that there still are good people in the world..

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the falls.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Carol R, General Manager at Best Western Plus The Inn & Suites At The Falls, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2014

Hi John, The staff and I want to thank you for your gratitude, everyone tries to go out of their way to make each guest's stay memorable. Our housekeeper was only to happy to return your Nook to you and also to say thank you. They never expect a reward for doing their job when returning items left behind. Happy New Year to you and your family and we hope to see you back this year.

Reviewed December 31, 2013

Big comfortable room. Quiet area. Nice breakfast. Pleasant staff. Stayed to watch my son wrestle and was pleased with the stay. Nice area close to the school. Nice places to dine and was in a quiet area. Will stay there again next year as well.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Carol R, General Manager at Best Western Plus The Inn & Suites At The Falls, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2014

Thank you and we look forward to your return.

Reviewed December 28, 2013

It had just snowed the night before Christmas and the next day was cold (the highest was 23 degrees during the day and a frigid 17 degrees at night). It looked like winter wonderland, a true white Christmas with the snow on the lawn and on the banks of the creek. Thewater falls were still flowing and it looked delightful from any window at the hotel. The room was nice and toasty, comfortable and inviting. The hotel and the charming surroundings were peaceful and quiet. Checking in was quick and without any problems, just like our departure. My husband and I enjoyed it so much we are planning to stay longer next time.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Carol R, General Manager at Best Western Plus The Inn & Suites At The Falls, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2013

Madeline, Thank you for a wonderful review. We look forward to hosting your stays in the future.

Reviewed December 24, 2013

This hotel is all brick with an archway you drive through to get in. The staff are all friendly, but if you happen to be there when Shauntee (sp?) is on duty, you will be in for a treat. She is the nicest person you could ever meet and she knows everything about the area and the New York City if you decide to go visit there. The breakfast is top notch, the rooms are spacious and comfortable and there is a workout room with a beautiful view of the river that runs behind the property. I've stayed at a lot of Best Westerns but this one absolutely shines as the best place to stay. We went in the middle of some heavy winter weather but they kept the parking lot and sidewalks clear. I really can't say enough how nice a facility this is.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Shane, Thank you for taking the time to write your review. Our staff does go out of their way to make every persons stay here exceptional. Please come back in the future we look forward to hosting your stay.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Poughkeepsie
Hampton Inn & Suites Poughkeepsie
Hampton Inn by Hilton New Paltz NY
Residence Inn Poughkeepsie
Residence Inn Poughkeepsie
#7 of 13 in Poughkeepsie

Been to Best Western Plus The Inn & Suites At The Falls? Share your experiences!