Went to Poughkeepsie to see family for Thanksgiving. Rather than crowding into a relative's house, we booked the Best Western Plus for our stay.
As noted before, it is a ways off the main thoroughfare (Rt. 9) but driving up, the hotel has a very nice shingle exterior. Although we were early they found us an available room. Very nice decor. Felt very clean and well kept (workers were blowing leaves when we arrived).
Beds were very comfortable and everything seeemed to be going well. When I went to shave in the morning I noticed that the hot water did not last very long. I thought it might have been an aberration but I mentioned it to my wife before she got into the shower. She quickly found out it was no abberation! She classified her shower as lukewarm at best. She wasn't able to shave her legs as the combination of goosebumps and her desire to get the heck out of that shower as quickly as possible prevented it.
I looked around our rooom and found no hot water heater unit specific to our room. I figured it couldn't be that bad and I jumped in for my shower. Easily the quickest shower I have taken in a number of years. I did notice that just as I was about to jump out the water did warm up a bit.
As I mentioned I would have highly recommended the hotel--but unfortunately we left there with the lasting impression of the cold showers. Maybe it was just our room--but if they can get that licked they have a nice little gem here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy complimentary beer and wine daily at our Manager's Reception 5:30 PM to 7:30 PM. Guests can enjoy a complimentary breakfast each morning. We are a new 100% renovated hotel in the Historic Hudson Valley. Near IBM, Vassar and Marist Colleges. We have a beautiful setting along the water to relax after a busy day of site seeing or business meetings. Our hotel offers guests a country setting just minutes from Route 9 and all that the Hudson Valley has to offer. We have a 24 hour business center and state of the art fitness center. Complimentary Wireless High Speed Internet in the entire hotel and select rooms with Wired High Speed internet also. All rooms have Mircowave and Fridge. Enjoy a Jacuzzi whirlpool in all the King Suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Best Western, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Plus The Inn & Suites At The Falls reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus The Inn And Suites At The Falls
- Best Western Plus The Inn & Suites At The Falls Hotel Poughkeepsie