“an excellent experience”

Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Poughkeepsie
Hopewell Jct
“an excellent experience”
Reviewed April 9, 2012

What a great experience, the staff are very welcoming, friendly and helpful. The hotel was recently remodeled and is beautiful. They really made every effort to make a very difficult trip to NY for my mother a little easier and she stayed there for 2 weeks. It is definitely the place to stay when visiting, close to all major roads and shopping, but is tucked away, cozy and quaint.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
poughquag
Reviewed April 9, 2012

My Mom was in town from out of state and had made plans to stay at this hotel. The staff could not have been nicer to her. They went out of there way to make her stay as comfortable as could be. Our family was going through some hardship and this hotel was the best choice for our family in terms of location but turned out to be a blessing. When visiting Poughkeepsie NY you must make a point to stay at this Inn.
Rooms are newly decorated and clean.

Room Tip: pick the view of the falls nice to see the ducks playing in the water
Lyme
Reviewed March 14, 2012

I stayed here with family when we visited Vassar College. The front desk staff were exceedingly helpful-even printing out googlemaps for local travel directions. The rooms are fairly standard, but very tidy and nicely maintained. The rooms were a bit skimpy on the bedding (blankets in particular). The tiny exercise room had all the essential (and functional) equipment that one might want packed into it. The continental breakfast was very standard fare--nothing special, but sufficient for a good start to the day. Definitely recommend this for families visiting Vassar. It is nice that the hotel feels like it is tucked away by a river, when it is quite close to the main roads.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Upstate New Yorker
Reviewed March 10, 2012

I stayed for 5 nights in March and found the hotel to be very nice. The beds were comfortable, the room was larger than most that I've stayed in, the bathroom was clean too. The shower was a little under pressure but had plenty of hot water. I found the staff to be very helpful as well. The breakfast was typical of most Best Westerns. They ran out of coffee, so I asked the staff to make fresh and they did it for me without a problem or attitude. Great service. One issue I had with my room #200 was the outside door was adjacent to my room and I woke up a couple of times on the first night I was there due to people coming and going. The heating unit worked fine. Thanks to staff: Donald, Peter and Noel for making me feel at home.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room, away from the outside door.
2 Thank Sander53
Selden, New York
Reviewed February 26, 2012

We arrived at the hotel around 1pm and hoped we could check in early. We got to the front desk and was greeted by Lena who passively told us that guests don't usually check in until after 3pm. I turned around and saw there was about 2 cars in the parking lot.Mind you This hotel is very small and is not in a major area. My husband and I kept quiet while she fumbled for our reservation, She finally found it and check us into our room.

When we got to the room we noticed there were no towels. We viewed the room and was very pleased. We loved the little creek outside of the window. We loved the high ceilings in the living room. The bed was very roomy and comfortable. The bathroom was nice. The location of the shower head and the knobs were quiet strange. Basically you have to enter the entire shower stall to turn on the water and while doing that you got soaked. We decided to use the whirlpool. As we leaned over to turn on the water we noticed that the tub was filled with hair. We decided that we were going to drive into town and find the mall or local store to get a few things i.e. bleach for the tub. On the way down to our car we passed front desk and informed them we did not have any towels. They explained that if we didnt mind they would deliver it to our room while we were gone. We accepted. We were out for about 45 minutes, when we got back to the room we still did not have any towels. We called front desk and they said they would bring it up. About 3 minutes after that we received a phone call that the new house keeping shift would be coming in at 3 pm and we would receive our towels then. 10 minutes after that a very nice front desk person personally came up and delivered 2 bath towels to our room and again explained the shift situation with house keeping. We politely said it was okay, but i thought that it was very weird that the room was ready for guests but no towels were in the room???
3pm came and left and still no towels. Luckily when we were out we bought paper towels so we used that to dry our hands after washing. We just decided to reuse the towels that we had (which was no problem) instead of bothering the front desk again. The nest day we got up and went down for breakfast. I was expecting a little more. I've been to hotels where i havent expected much and had a full breakfast. At this place they had COLD hard boiled eggs, some muffins and cranberry and orange juice , coffee and tea. I tried to eat the hard boiled egg but it was freezing and not very appetizing. We went out for the most part of the morning and early afternoon. When we got back housekeeping had not touched our room but when we left they were at the room next to us. After about 30 minutes of being in the room house keeping came and asked us if we needed their services. We told them towels. They replenished us with bath towels, hand towels, 1 floor towel and wash clothes. We felt amazing after getting the towels. LOL. That night we decided to go to Cafe Maya in Wappingers Falls. We were having trouble with the directions so i went down to front desk and asked the nice girl that was there. She explained it without any problems. She also highly recommended the restaurant. I wish i would of wrote her name down because she was one of the nicest hotel employees that i've met. We went to Cafe Maya and it was amazing!! We got the front desk girl a coconut flan. She was so thankful for it.

In closing, the hotel is very nice. I loved that it's nestled away in a little quiet part of town on a creek. The walls are very thin, we heard every word our neighbor said. On our last night there was a bunch of boys from a traveling sports team that were running up and down the halls. The front desk person came up told them they were disturbing the other guests and offered them the breakfast/community room to hang out in. I thought that was very nice of her. My husband and I were saying that we would stay here again. Besides the whole towel things which was not a huge deal it was quiet and very calming.

Room Tip: Get the king whirlpool room.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank travelpleease
Reviewed February 22, 2012

Upon check-in there was a mixup and a loss reservation as well as a business computer that was not working phones ringing and a pair of very polite front desk agents doing there absolute best to deal with everything in a polite and swift manner. Eventually reaching my room I discover two problems my tv speaks nothing but spanish to me and there are potato chip crumbs in front of the the beds and nightstand. As good fortune would have it my travel companions had the same problem. Thankfully the polite young man @ the front desk apologized profusely and looked most embarassed and personally rectified our problems. Unfortunetly these incidents helped me to further notice that the facility could do with either more housekeepers or a replacement of their current ones as id expect a cleaner place for my money.

• Stayed February 2012
3 Thank nosugarcoating
Carol R, General Manager at Best Western Plus The Inn & Suites At The Falls, responded to this review, May 24, 2017
Can you please send me an email with the names on the reservations. It is most helpful to know which rooms you were in to rectify this problem. My email is innatthefallsny@hotmail.com or call me at 845-462-5770. Thank you.
Apple Valley, Minnesota, United States
Reviewed February 14, 2012

Had the opportunity to stay at The Inn& Suites At the Falls last fall on a trip to return my son to school. I was pleasantly surprised by the wonderful renovations and the friendly staff. My room was fantastic and I felt like I should be paying much more. I am certainly going to book again when I am in the area.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family