“Would not recommend”

CRAVE Restaurant and Lounge
Reserve with OpenTable
CRAVE Restaurant and Lounge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 277 Restaurants in Poughkeepsie
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
“Would not recommend”
Reviewed January 10, 2014 via mobile

I would never recommend Crave to anyone unless they want to eat wild game.
The only steak they had was sirloin. crave thought they were special because they were giving you a sample of rabbit pet today

1 Thank Danceing16

Poughkeepsie, New York
“Delicious….fine food and wines”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

We usually go to Crave with friends and reserve a table ahead as it's very tiny there! Staff is friendly and welcoming, lots of creative delicious dishes on the menu, and a busy buzzing atmosphere like something to be found in a great city dining district. A little pricey, but still great for special occasions or a night you want to feel spoiled.

• Visited October 2013
“Don't miss it”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

The food is always good and the place is small so I would suggest reservations . Worth the trip though . Bar is cute and has an outdoor area when the weather is warm. Owner is a sweet heart and his food changes he also owners the little place next door (Lola's) that's open for lunch .very good and casual .

Poughkeepsie, New York
“New Year's Eve- HUGE disappointment!”
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Crave is actually one of my favorite local restaurants, but New Year's Eve dinner was a joke. $75. per person, price fix was fine, we knew that ahead of time, but we expected a good meal… The menu lacked choices, but we were able to find something we thought we'd like (and we've never walked out of a restaurant after being seated.) Each of our four courses was tiny and served on an over-sized plate. The food was cold, and, to us, tasted like it came right out of a box. The two small pieces of beef tenderloin, which I chose for my main course, were served medium rare to rare, when they were ordered medium. I brought half of it home (for the dog.) The restaurant is very small and has a nice, intimate atmosphere, and I think there were about 30 people at the first (of two) seatings. We'll try it again when they have their regular menu, I'm glad this wasn't our first experience or we'd never go back, but we've eaten there before and have had very nice meals. Big mess that night, hopefully someone will read this- it's worth a save…

New Paltz, NY
“Excellent, intimate restaurant”
Reviewed December 27, 2013

We had heard good things about Crave from friends, and went there for our anniversary dinner. I had to make a reservation more than a week ahead of time. Crave is a very small restaurant, with a small menu, but everything was excellent. Very friendly service, with no "attitude" - this is important to me. The servers were pleasant and informative, and stepped out of their roles to engage us.

I only stepped into the bar to find the restroom, but it seemed quite lovely: low-lit and curved.

You really need to make a reservation ahead of time, especially on weekends. I had tried twice before and could not get in.

There is a small dedicated parking lot, but most people park on the street in front. The signs say "20 minute parking" but I was assured by the man on the phone that this is not enforced.

Crave is directly below the Walkway Over the Hudson. They are not open until 4 pm except on Sundays, so I doubt that there is much foot traffic from the Walkway, although there is a stairway leading up to the Walkway directly beside the restaurant. I imagine on late summer afternoons it would be a pleasant diversion.

1 Thank washalee