“excellent food”

CRAVE Restaurant and Lounge
Reserve with OpenTable
CRAVE Restaurant and Lounge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 278 Restaurants in Poughkeepsie
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed December 3, 2013

This is a small but attractive place.we went during restaurant week with four friends from Manhattan.the restaurant advertises Manhattan style dining in Poughkeepsie and we were sceptical.we were delighted by the experience.the menu was creative and sophisticated.each dish was beautifully prepared.I highly recommend it!

1  Thank janet2010

Reviewed December 1, 2013

We were referred to Crave when we called the Culinary Institute of America to see if any of their alumni had set up restaurants near the school. Whoever answered the phone at the CIA was quick to recommend this small and cheery place. The menu is short and one gets the impression that the chef is still a student at heart, trying out new ideas. The highlight of our choices was the lamb chops, which were wonderful.

Reviewed November 30, 2013

Nice quaint restaurant under the Walkway over the Hudson. Limited menu but very good food. Above avg. prices

Reviewed November 25, 2013

My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our meal at Crave. The service was excellent, the food was outstanding and the price was reasonable for the type of dining offered. My only neutral aspect of our visit was the small space that was close to cramped. We went on a night when the restaurant was not packed and had it been I could see myself taking the small size as a negative to the location.

Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

My husband has eaten here several times & he is always impressed so we decided to try it together on Friday night & I was not disappointed. The atmosphere is great I prefer the smaller restaurants to the ones that feel like food halls & the staff were very tentative. I selected a dish off the specials which was well presented & tasted great, my husband had the flat iron steak which was referred to as a similar cut to the strip steak which was excellent " I had to try it "I don't order steak because the cuts are usually too big but this was just the right amount & very tender & I would definitely order it myself. We also shared a desert which again is not something we usually do but we enjoyed the meal so much it was a nice way to finish off we had the Creme brûlée. A very pleasant evening & it's now on our list of great places to eat.