“Excellent”

CRAVE Restaurant and Lounge
Reserve with OpenTable
CRAVE Restaurant and Lounge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 278 Restaurants in Poughkeepsie
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

Went early on a Friday since we hadn't eaten all day. Had the place to ourselves because it was 4 30 pm. A nice treat really.
I had mushroom and smoked ricotta salad, Spanish octopus, mushroom polenta. All excellent. Husband had kale Caesar salad and wild boar Bolognese Both excellent. The boar dish was a little sweet for my taste but husband raved about it. Also had bottle of red Italian wine. Bill was 107 w tax. Waiter was just GREAT. Such a wonderful personality. Can't wait to go back.

There are newer reviews for CRAVE Restaurant and Lounge

Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

We went Thursday night and it was excellent. Great vibes and great food. (Try to avoid the small back room as its not as lively).

Reviewed March 24, 2013

We have eaten here twice but about a year apart. Our recent visit was during Restaurant Week and reservations were a must (made several days in advance - tried the first week 24 hours in advance and couldn't get in). This place is small, approximately 30 seats, and unless you are in one of the window tables seating is extremely close (like NYC). It does have a bar in the back with a few more tables where some people who walked in were seated. Our service was a little shaky. Our original server wasn't very good and I would have shorted his tip but another waiter started covering for him just before the entree and I didn't want this 2nd waiter to be shorted he was top of the line. The food is exceptional and the combination of flavors wonderful. We will definitely be going back but I have a suggestion for the owner/chef if they read these reviews. The reason we hadn't been back in over a year was because the online menus sound boring, this year when we saw the Restaurant Week Menu we wanted to try multiple things. Obviously you have the creativity to create these wonderful dishes and for one menu you were able to disseminate that to the public, would love for you to revamp the online menus.

2  Thank spny84
Reviewed March 20, 2013

I will definitely be back. My husband and I visited Crave for what we thought would be just another dinner out. We were wrong. As soon as we walked in we were greeted by a friendly young woman who made me feel right at home and very welcome. We were seated in a romantic window seat and our server came right over to greet us as well. Any questions i had about the menu she went above and beyond to answer. The manager even came to our table to suggest a wine that would pair perfectly with our meal. Which it did. I was very impressed with the presentaion of our food and the taste was even better. The decor in the dining room is exquisite and tastefully done. We will be back next time were in town. This is the only restaurant i have been to in the Poughkeepsie area that exeeded my expectations.

2  Thank Emily C
Reviewed March 14, 2013

An excellent ambiance that puts it ahead of other area restaurants. The Hostess Annalise was very professional and made sure we were well taken care of throughout the evening and the waitstaff service was excellent. The food was a good value and everyone at our table was very pleased with their meal. I will be back again for sure!