“DisAppointed”

CRAVE Restaurant and Lounge
Reserve with OpenTable
CRAVE Restaurant and Lounge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 278 Restaurants in Poughkeepsie
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed December 19, 2012 via mobile

We made a return trip to Crave with out of town friends. The diningroom was cold ......fairly empty on a Saturday night. The staff was attentive (actually one lady was in charge).
The beet salad was good, I had the salmon: it was rare, the way I like it.
Very small portion with a couple of kernels of corn and dried up roasted brussells sprouts. My husband had the seafood with pasta: god but nothing out of the ordinary.
I must say all in all not what we have come to expect from Crave.

1  Thank Heron5

Reviewed December 14, 2012

Long!!--------waiting on a Friday night out. The food is fine except the portion is enough to feed a baby.

2  Thank daredar
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Thought I would share my experience at Crave this past weekend - We went out to dinner on Saturday and had a 4 person reservation for 6pm. We got seated about 6:10, not a big deal at the time because we had a drink at the bar. Food and drinks were good. We settled the tab and were finishing our last drink on a $300 bill with tip and our waiter comes to the table at 8:03 and asks us to hurry up because they had an 8:00 reservation for our table. The way it was said was rude and unprofessional. Not to mention there were at least 4-5 other empty tables in the dining room. I understand my patronage is not important to them in the long run but sadly I won't return because of this. When I called to let them know what happened I spoke to the owners assistant who came off like this was normal and acceptable and really didn't seem to be surprised. I guess if this is the norm, you should let people know they have a 2hr time limit when making a reservation.

4  Thank Joe A
Reviewed November 16, 2012

The restaurant is small so you need reservations or you can sit at the bar. The food is excellent and very tasty! Relaxed atmosphere and great service.

Reviewed November 15, 2012

Took advantage of "Restaurant Week" Had one of the perfectly cooked cider brined pork chops. The duck confit app. was joyous . Service was superb. Can't wait to go back. Don't miss the carrot cake crepes desert.